- 180 to 210 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Hop on a vintage Volkswagen Kombi and explore the city from another panorama.
A local leader will be your captain in this one-of-a-kind excursion where you’ll experience the uppermost spots of Mazatlán to enjoy the incredible natural and urban landscapes while you take a deep breath of the ocean breeze and watch the past and present of our beloved home.
The journey begins with a relaxing ride by an ocean front avenue, followed by the Cerro de la Nevería and it’s hidden spots. On top of all, a mild hike on one of the highest natural lighthouse in the world “El Faro”.
- Pickup and drop off
- Bottled water (bottles get recycled after used at a local recycling center http://www.separadonoesbasura.org/
- Cocohorchata (local beverage)
- Bottled water
Pick up at your meeting point location.
Drop off at your meeting point location.
Reload your energy and soak up the good vibes with a revitalizing ride on the world’s longest ocean front promenades. During the drive, you’ll admire beautiful golden sand beaches, the deep blue Pacific Ocean and the most emblematic monuments all throughout the pier.
Used in ancient times to guard the harbor, the Cerro de la Nevería or Icebox Hill, has one of the most stunning views of the city, it’s historic district, the Islands, the Sierra Madre Mountains and the Sea of Cortés, named by Jacques-Yves Cousteau as the aquarium of the world.
While we drive our way up, we will be making short stops at hand-picked lookouts to take the best pictures of your trip, to meditate and illustrate to you the engaging stories of how Mazatlán was born. Also, a stop at one of our favorite spots to chill with an amazing view of the ocean, we will toast for the good times with a local beverage called “Cocohorchata”.
Located at the summit of a former island named “El Crestón”, it is considered as one of the highest working natural lighthouse in the world, and when we say natural, we really mean it! Trails surrounded by the flora and fauna of the tropical deciduous forest with breathtaking sights of the estuaries, mangroves, the port, the Stone Island and it’s coconut plantations and the impressive Pacific Ocean. Additionally, your local leader will be telling you fun facts about the vegetation and wildlife in this exotic hike. Once we get to the top, it’s time to contemplate the incredible view, relax, meditate and take the best panoramic pictures of Mazatlán.
• 08:00 AM ------ Up with the sun! Guest pickup. The exact time varies depending on your meeting point location.
• 08:30 AM —— Drive along an ocean front avenue and Cerro de la Nevería (Ice Box Hill) hidden lookouts.
• 10:00 AM ------ Arrival to the Cerro del Crestón parking lot. Hiking begins.
• 10:30 AM ------ Check on your bucket list! By this time you hiked one of the natural highest lighthouse in the world.
• 11:30 AM —— Time to go back to your meeting point.
• 3:00 PM (winter) / 4:00 PM (summer) ------ Guest pickup. The exact time varies depending on your meeting point location.
• 3:30 PM (winter) / 4:30 PM (summer) —— Drive along an ocean front avenue and Cerro de la Nevería (Ice Box Hill) hidden lookouts.
• 5:00 PM (winter) / 6:00 PM (summer) ------ Arrival to the Cerro del Crestón parking lot. Hiking begins.
• 5:30 PM (winter) / 6:30 PM (summer) ------ Check on your bucket list! By this time you hiked one of the natural highest lighthouse in the world.
• 6:30 PM (winter) / 7:30 PM (summer) —-- Time to go back to your meeting point.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- HOW CAN I MAKE THE TOUR MORE ENJOYABLE?
- Wear light, comfortable clothing
- Wear sunscreen and sunglasses
- Bring a hat or cap
- Carry cash if you want to buy a coconut or extra water
- Bring camera
- Not suitable for expectant mothers and guests with recent surgeries.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.