- 4 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Have an experience of a lifetime swimming with dolphins in their natural habitat! Take part in an authentic research expedition guided by experienced marine biologists and ecologists to explore the coast of Mazatlan on a mission to search, track and document wild dolphin pods. During the dolphin encounters, you will have the opportunity to get in the water to swim and interact with one of the most captivating species in the ocean as you learn about their ecology and conservation. You will also enjoy some of the best snorkeling around! This expedition is a platform for the monitoring and research of wild populations of cetaceans and other marine fauna off the coast of Mazatlán. By participating you are helping to better understand their lives and promote their conservation.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Snorkel gear included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Light refreshments
- All activities (dolphin watching, swim with dolphin sessions, island snorkeling session)
- Professional bilingual guide (marine biologists, ecologists and naturalists)
- Briefing on dolphin ecology and conservation in Mexico.
- Live commentary on board
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities for the crew (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
8 am Year-Round | Pickup at hotels starts at 7 am and may vary depending on your hotel location.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
You will be picked up at your hotel and transferred to Marina Mazatlan where you will meet your guide and crew. You will be briefed on details of the expedition, security measures, swim with wild dolphins protocol and the dolphin ecology project. Small groups and personal attention by the crew allow for individual discussions about the lives of dolphins and local environment as well as updated information about their study and conservation in Mexico. Included on board: Fruit (bananas, apples & grapes), beverages (bottled water, canned fruit juice and soft drinks) and lunch (mexican torta -brisket, ham, cheese & vegetables)
You will navigate offshore (about 10-15 nautical miles) in search for dolphins and other marine life. Approximate travel time to dolphin aggregation areas and search may take 1 hr. or more. During dolphin encounters, the crew will take photographs of the natural markings found on the dolphins dorsal fins for individual identification, collect sighting data, and deploy hydrophones to record dolphin whistles, giving you a hands-on experience in cetacean research techniques.
Once data has been collected and upon sea conditions and type of dolphin groups, we will enter the water to swim with them! These are wild dolphins, they are not confined or trained, so we tag along on their schedule, sometimes they are curious and seek interactions, others not so much, but the mere fact of being in the water around them and watch them swim gracefully under the blue ocean is a once in a lifetime experience!
On your way back to shore or while cruising the Bay of Mazatlan, there is always a good chance of close encounters with other fascinating marine life like sea turtles, sea lions, manta rays, and a great diversity of marine and coastal birds. Plus! you will visit some of the best spots for snorkelling at Venados and Pájaros Islands, all on the same trip!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- This tour is confirmed automatically. HOWEVER Minimum numbers apply. There is a chance of cancellation or re-schedule if minimum numbers (5 adults) is not achieved.
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under.
- Children (6-11) must be accompanied by an adult
- In order to participate in swim with dolphin sessions you should be at least 12 years old and be able to swim at least 100 yards.
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to no-show or late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Vegetarian option is available for meal, please advise at time of booking if required; Use "Special Requirements" field upon checkout to advise information
- A minimum of 4 adult passengers per booking is required
- Departures depend upon environmental conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.