- 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Join your guide on a small group journey back in time and re-live thousands of years of ancient cultural traditions while you explore one of northern Mexico´s most captivating archaeological sites: Las Labradas. Travel in an air-conditioned coach to a beautiful sandy beach only 35 miles north of Mazatlan. This archaeological site comprises a unique mantle of volcanic rocks that feature over two hundred petroglyphs carved by ancient nomadic cultures. Dated as far back as 2,000 years B.C. this may be the only petroglyph site on a beach side location in the Americas. After exploring the site you will have time to enjoy of a beautiful isolated pristine beach, take a splash, a long walk or simply relax as you enjoy a traditional lunch with a local family at the small village of La Chicayota.
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Piedras Las Labradas Petroglyphs
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Your hotel lobby or Cruiseship terminal
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Tour ends with drop-off at your hotel or Cruiseship terminal
On this adventure you will drive north of Mazatlan for about 40 minutes to visit Las labradas archaeological site. Las Labradas beach is located within one of Sinaloa’s biggest natural protected area, the Meseta de Cacaxtla, with over 50,000 hectares encompassing different ecosystems, particularly dry tropical forest and a rich diversity of wildlife. This ecotour is a great option for avid bird watchers, as well as nature and culture enthusiasts!
While exploring Las Labradas site, your expedition guide will share with you interesting facts about the their origin and the possible messages behind the petroglyphs, which depict animals, people and other elements of nature composing the visions, beliefs and cosmogony of the native people many centuries past.
You will also have time to visit Las Labradas museum, with interesting exhibits about archaeological findings in the region and its natural history. Take the opportunity to meet the people that live and work at the preserve, learn about their traditions and ways of life. When you participate in this ecotour you support the economy of local communities that live within this important natural protected area.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Temperatures in this place are always hot, bring light breathable clothes and sun apparel. The beach is beautiful there so bring a swimsuit if you want to take a plunge
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.