- 13 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy a wonderful trip to the Metzabok Lagoon which is part of the World Network of Biosphere Reserves due to its ecosystems. Metzabok stands for Lacandon Maya God of Thunder and has more than 82 hectares divided into 27 lagoons with beautiful vegetation from the mountains. Have a fantastic time at this natural reserve in the Lacandon Jungle Area in Chiapas.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Led by a local guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Breakfast included
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Canoe ride
- Breakfast and lunch
- Adventure insurance
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotels in Villahermosa, Tabasco
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
Hotels in Villahermosa Tabasco
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
You'll be picked up from your hotel in Villahermosa early in the morning and start your drive to Metzabok Lagoon. On the way there, you will stop for breakfast in the city of Palenque. After 3 hours, you will reach the jungle and admire the amazing ecosystem around you. There is an evergreen forest, medium evergreen forest, cloud forest and even vegetation areas with different levels of development.
As you explore the place, your guide will share with you the history of the population living here which is made up of the Lacandon ethnic group which has less than 100 inhabitants. The duration of the trip is 3.5 hours and you will have fun as you go on a canoe and explore the lagoon.
You'll also get to visit some caves and see incredible and ancient Mayan cave paintings and shrines. Don't forget to take in the view of El Mirador cave, which is a pyramid. You'll hike up to the mountain and get great views of the reserve so you can take memorable pictures.
Finally, you will be given some time to eat before driving back to your hotel in Villahermosa.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- It is recommended you bring comfortable shoes and clothes, light jacket, a hat and sunglasses, sun block, extra cash in case you want to buy a souvenir and additional meals
- For safety reasons swimming skills are required but its not necessary to make the activity
- Infant meals not included
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Travelers Name, Nationality and Age is necessary.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.