- 10 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Dare to live a different experience in the Sierra Route in Tabasco. Explore the incredible Caves of Cocona, that hide a beautiful lake in the middle of tropical landscapes, just the place for experiencing cave archaeology. Enjoy the Magical Town of Tapijulapa, with its cobbled streets and red- and white-painted houses. Visit the Ex Dominic convent at Oxolotan, built in the 16th century by the Dominican monks from Chiapas, with an impressive architecture.This tour is perfect for those with an adventurous spirit and hoping for a closer contact with nature and culture.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Grutas de Cocona
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotels in Villahermosa Tabasco
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
Hotels in Villahermosa Tabasco
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Depart from your hotel in Villahermosa Tabasco, and begin the scenic journey to Cocona Caves in Teapa. You will discover and admire amazing stalactites and stalagmites as well as a gorgeous indoor lake and cascades. Also you will find several galleries and magnificent limestone formations. We will have time to admire the biodiversity of this natural paradise inside of the tropical Jungle.( 1.45 hours of visit).The area is covered by a dense layer of vegetation that in the high mountain region.
After the visit, the second stop will be Tapijulapa Magical Town (Since 2008). A walk through the cobbled streets of Tapijulapa is a genuine delight, as its alleyways lead to the main square, with its bandstand and hanging gardens. The importance of this town is its urban design combining the freedom with the exuberant natural surrounding. Its most emblematic building its the Santiago Apostol Church building in the 17th century. You will also be able to admire the work of skilled local craftsmen as they make and weave wooden furniture. (1.30 hours of visit).
Finally you will visit the Oxolotan Ex Convent. The trip ends at Oxolotan, 17 kilometers from Tapijulapa. Right on the banks of the Oxolotan River, you will stop by the downtown area to admire the Santo Domingo de Guzman Church and former convent. Built around 1572, the former convent is now a colonial-era art museum, although small it has a number of notable pieces. (45 mins of visit).
You will have time to take our lunch for then return to your minivan to relax during the journey back to your hotel in Villahermosa.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- We recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and bring sunglasses, a hat, sun block and extra money for souvenirs or extra food
- Comfortable walking shoes (tennis) are recommended
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.