- 13 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This full-day adventure combines sightseeing at Mayan ruins with a gourmet cheese-tasting tour. Beginning in Villahermosa, capital city of Tabasco, you'll set off for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Palenque. Next, explore the limestone ruins at the archaeological site of Pomona and marvel at the Mayan architecture. Your last stop is the town of Tenosique, where you'll have a cheese tasting at working dairy, including the deliciously creamy local specialty — queso de poro.
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or compact vehicle
- Entry/Admission - National Park of Palenque
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Palenque
- Entry/Admission - Ruinas de Pomona
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotels in Villahermosa, Tabasco
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
Hotels in Villahermosa, Tabasco
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
After a 6am pickup at your hotel, depart Villahermosa in an air-conditioned minivan for this full-day cultural and archaeological tour. Your first stop is the Palenque archaeological site, once an important Mayan capital city. The ruins date back to 226 BC and are surrounded by jungle. Spend two hours on a guided tour, learning about Mayan culture and what life was like during the peak of this fascinating civilization.
Your second stop is the archaeological site of Pomona. Once was the center of an important kingdom that occupied a pivotal place in the western Maya Lowland, Pomona was positioned between the two great powers of the Classic Maya Period: Calakmul and Palenque.
After exploring the ruins, continue to the town of Tenosique for a unique culinary experience. Arrive at the Finca los Alvarez farm and see the workshop where cheeses like Provolone, Manchego, and Tio Rodo are made. Sample Queso de Poro, a traditional regional cheese with a creamy flavor.
Return to your hotel around 7pm to conclude the tour.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (Extra Charges)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
1 The voucher clearly states that a driver and guide are included. Not for us. We had a driver who had no idea where he was going and wasted a lot of time going in circles 3 times to be exact. We were not provided with a guide. They sent a translator who was useless since I speak fluent Spanish and his English left a lot to be desired. He had only spent one year in Australia. Obviously not an adequate amount of time to translate. Fortunately all he did was play on his phone.
2. For 13 hours we sat in a very small volkswagon. The driver and translator had the seats adjusted for their comfort. Therefore, we had minimal leg room
3. The car was not properly maintained. The fuel gauge was broken. It was necessary to stop for gas two times. The second time involved turning around and going back to where we had been 20 minutes earlier . Then we had to wait for 20 minutes for the driver to get a voucher for gas and then retrace the same path. A waste of an hour. To make matters worse, the tires were in such poor condition. We had a flat tire on the way back and had to be out of the car on a busy highway when they changed the tire.
4 The voucher clearly states that breakfast and lunch are included. The driver and translator had no idea what we were talking about. Finally after 11:00 , they talked to Ecoexperiencias. We did not have breakfast until after 11:00 and never received lunch. The translator tried to tell us that the cheese tasting was lunch.However, on the Viator site, these are 2 separate entities. We should have received a lunch.
5. No one had made arrangement for the cheese tasting . When we arrived , they had no idea why we were there.
6. There was no visit to the workshop where cheeses are made, as noted in the Viator information.
7.Our driver was so incompetent and had no idea where to go the sites, cheese tasting or hotel.
NEED I SAY MORE . THIS TOUR WAS A TRIP OUT OF HELL. IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE ANY TOURS IN VILLAHERMOSA MEXICO , USE ANYONE OTHER THAN ECOEXPERIENCAS!