- 13 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This full-day adventure combines sightseeing at Mayan ruins with a gourmet cheese-tasting tour. Beginning in Villahermosa, capital city of Tabasco, you'll set off for the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Palenque. Next, explore the limestone ruins at the archaeological site of Pomona and marvel at the Mayan architecture. Your last stop is the town of Tenosique, where you'll have a cheese tasting at working dairy, including the deliciously creamy local specialty — queso de poro.
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
- Breakfast included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or compact vehicle
- Entry/Admission - National Park of Palenque
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Palenque
- Entry/Admission - Ruinas de Pomona
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Hotels in Villahermosa, Tabasco
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
Hotels in Villahermosa, Tabasco
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
After a 6am pickup at your hotel, depart Villahermosa in an air-conditioned minivan for this full-day cultural and archaeological tour. Your first stop is the Palenque archaeological site, once an important Mayan capital city. The ruins date back to 226 BC and are surrounded by jungle. Spend two hours on a guided tour, learning about Mayan culture and what life was like during the peak of this fascinating civilization.
Your second stop is the archaeological site of Pomona. Once was the center of an important kingdom that occupied a pivotal place in the western Maya Lowland, Pomona was positioned between the two great powers of the Classic Maya Period: Calakmul and Palenque.
After exploring the ruins, continue to the town of Tenosique for a unique culinary experience. Arrive at the Finca los Alvarez farm and see the workshop where cheeses like Provolone, Manchego, and Tio Rodo are made. Sample Queso de Poro, a traditional regional cheese with a creamy flavor.
Return to your hotel around 7pm to conclude the tour.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking (Extra Charges)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.