- 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
If your cruise dock at San Martin Port, don't miss this great opportunity and visit the Ballestas Islands, Pisco town and the amazing Inca fortress of Tambo Colorado in our unique group tour.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup and drop-off from San Martin Port.
- All activities and transportation in group.
- English and Spanish speaking guide.
- Bottle of water
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Entrance fees. 21 soles per person (6.22 USD) local payment at reception.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Traveler pickup is offered
Meeting point at San Martin Port main arrival gate
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
San Martin Port
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Islas Ballestas, Paracas 11660 Peru
You will be met by our guide at 9:15am at San Martin Port, then you will be transferred to Paracas town, at this point you will meet the rest of the group and board our speedboat to begin the adventure to the stunning Ballestas Island. On the way you will stop at the Paracas peninsula to see the enigmatic figure of the Candelabro, a stunning design drawn on the side of a hill in the Peninsula. Nobody knows for sure who did it or why. There are many hypotheses regarding its origin, some believe it is related to the Nazca Lines but still found no proof or evidence that can define its creation. Afterwards, you'll head off to Ballestas Island, where you will see a stunning world filled with birds and sea lions. Here, you'll visit the three islands at a distance allowed, navigating inside some caves, depending on the condition of the sea. On your return to the port, you will board our vehicle to drive towards Pisco town for a sightseeing tour where you will visit the main square, Municipal Palace and among others places of interest. Afterwards we all be travelling east for 35 minutes to finally arrive to the well preserve Inca Fortress of Tambo Colorado. Tambo Colorado was an Inca settlement and was most likely built at the end of the 15th century and was ruled by the Inca Emperor Pachacutec. It was known as Puka Tampu, Pucallacta or Pucahuasi and its buildings are typical Wary (Ayacucho) and Inca (Cusco) culture influences, have buildings of ceremonial plazas, houses, ceremonial platforms and the main building known as La Fortaleza. It is believed that Tambo Colorado was used as an administrative/ceremonial and military place to control the main road from the coast to the highlands also this place was to service as resting place for the Inca and his army across the Inca territory. The site consists of several structure around a large central plaza. The central plaza is shaped like a trapezoid with its largest side being 492-ft (150-m) long. The main structure is grouped together in a northern and southern Palaces, plus some ceremonial platforms. Because of local environmental conditions, many of the buildings original colours have been preserved, helping experts reconstruct the site. Finally, you will return to San Martin Port to re-join your ship.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your ship has any delay in arriving, we strongly suggest to notify us three to four days in advance so we can arrange a new pick up time. We also suggest you to keep checking your emails in case the pickup time changes.
- Printed travel voucher or E-travel voucher along with your passport or any ID its required before boarding (verification purpose only).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.