- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Step back in time on a guided tour of Tambo Colorado, a beautifully preserved Inca fortress featuring the high priest’s chambers complete with sacrificial altar. And this moderate half-day tour showcases the historic Pisco Valley where desert dunes contrast with verdant farming villages where centuries-old irrigation techniques are still employed.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup and drop-off from hotel/house or bus station
- Private vehicle
- English & Spanish Speaking Tour Guide
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- All Fees and Taxes
Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up from your hotels within Paracas town only
Returns to original departure point
Daily departures from Mondays to Sunday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Las Adventure, Nuevo Muelle El Chaco Next To sernamp, Paracas 11000 Peru
At the designated time, our guide will pick you up from your hotel in Paracas town. Then will drive towards to Tambo Colorado in private vehicle. This site was an Inca settlement and was most likely built at the end of the 15th century and was ruled by the Inca Emperor Pachacutec. Tambo Colorado was known as Puka Tampu, Pucallacta or Pucahuasi and its buildings are typical Wary (Ayacucho) and Inca (Cusco) culture influences, have buildings of ceremonial plazas, houses, ceremonial platforms and the main building known as La Fortaleza. It is believed that Tambo Colorado was used as an administrative/ceremonial and military place to control the main road from the coast to the highlands also this place was to service as resting place for the Inca and his army across the Inca territory.
The site consists of several structure around a large central plaza. The central plaza is shaped like a trapezoid with its largest side being 150m long. The main structure are grouped together in a northern and southern Palaces, plus some ceremonial platforms. Because of local environmental conditions, many of the buildings original colors have been preserved, helping experts reconstruct the site.
After your visit you will return to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.