- 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The archaeological Chauchilla Cemetery is located approximately 28 kilometers southeast of the city of Nazca, on the right bank of the valley Las Trancas. Chauchilla Cemetery is a necropolis dating back more than 1000 years old and belongs to the period of the Ica-Chincha culture.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Cementerio Chauchilla
Traveler pickup is offered
1st Departure: 8am
2nd Departure: 2pm
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays
Visit the ancient archaeological Chauchilla Cemetery, located approximately 28 kilometers southeast of the city of Nazca, on the right bank of the valley of Las Trancas. Chauchilla Cemetery is a necropolis dating back more than 1,000 years and belongs to the period of the Ica-Chincha culture. For many years, this ancient necropolis has been plundered by grave robbers, who in their quest to find treasure almost completely destroyed the place, taking with them many valuable objects. Chauchilla profaners left half-naked bodies and a large number of destroyed graves in their wake.
To start the day, a transportation service will pick you up from your hotel and will transfer you to the Chauchilla Cemetery, located at about 30 kilometers from Nazca City, which is an important pre-Inca necropolis. Some sources relate it to the ancient Wari culture and others to the Nazca culture, which flourished in the area between the 2nd century BC and the 9th century AD. The cemetery shows vestiges of the ancient civilization, as well as fragments of pottery, textiles, and mummies. You will be transferred back to your hotel at the end of the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.