- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Pampa Galeras Reserve is Peru's most important center dedicated to the conservation of the vicuna. It is located in the district and province of Lucanas, 870 km from Ayacucho, between 3 800 and 5 000 m.s.n.m. It has an area of 6 500 hectares, but its area of influence covers over 60 000, for lie within the rural community in the province.
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Box Lunch
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Reserva Nacional Pampa Galeras Barbara D'Achille
Hotels located in Nazca center
Transfer back to your hotel in Nasca
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
A transportation service will transfer you from your hotel in Nazca to Ayacucho to visit the Pampa Galeras National Reserve, an area of 6,500 hectares dedicated to the conservation of the vicuña, emblematic Peruvian camelid considered a national symbol. To this day, the conservation project has allowed that more than 5,000 vicuñas live in the area, where condors and endemic animals also live.
Then you will visit the site museum and the area where Chaccu is performed, a practice that rescues pre-Inca vicuña management techniques consisting in surrounding them in the vast meadows with a human siege of hundreds of people forcing them to enter a yard to classify and shear them. After removing their wool they are returned to their natural habitat. At the end of your visit you will be transferred back to your hotel.
• 6.00am Pick up of the hotel selected in Nazca
• 8.00am Arrival in Pampas Galeras
• 9.00am Visit the site museum and the area where "Chaccu" is performed
• 10.00am Return to Nazca
• 12.00pm Arrrival to Nazca
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.