- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Walk through the complex of Cumbemayo and discover the intriguing naturally-shaped rock formations along the way in the ´Stone Forest´. This site also offers a view to the past as visitors can see the carvings, paintings and the hydraulic system built by the ancient inhabitants of this region.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
The transportation service will pick you up from your hotel in the center of Cajamarca.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
The transport will transfer back to your hotel in the center of Cajamarca.
In the morning, a transport will pick you up from your hotel,and after 40 minutes you will get to this incredible place. Cumbemayo is located at 20 km from the city of Cajamarca.
Visit the Cumbemayo complex, an archaeological area that holds numerous geological formations known as the ´Stone Forest´. Some of these interesting rock formations seem to mimic the silhouettes of pious friars (for which it is popularly called "frailones" or giant friars). The complex also has an aqueduct, considered one of the most remarkable hydraulic engineering works of pre-Columbian America. Here, you will also find a Sanctuary, a cliff that looks like a giant human head, and caves, which include cave paintings and carvings.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.