- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Originally called Pultumarca or Cunoc, supposedly it was the place where Atahualpa was resting just before the confrontation with Pizarro in 1532. These hot springs of mineral water baths are located at the district of Baños del Inca at 6 Kilometer from the center of Cajamarca at over 2680 (m) above sea level with a maximum temperature of 72ºC (158ºF). The outcrops of medicinal mineral water contain calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, sulphates, iron, manganese, and copper, among others.
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- Access to the hot pools (In case passengers would like to get a personal bath)
The transportation service will pick you up from your hotel in the center of Cajamarca.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
The transport will transfer back to your hotel in the center of Cajamarca.
The "Baños del Inca" are a set of natural hot springs located at 6 km from the city of Cajamarca at 2667 meters above sea level. This historical complex has several gardens and hot pools where the average temperature is around 70ºC (158ºF). According to tradition, the Inca Atahualpa was in the habit of relaxing in its waters, to regain strength before undertaking new conquest. Along the colonial time and the first decades of the Peruvian republican period; the Inca Baths were an important recreational place for the people of the region.
It is believed that these hot mineral springs possess therapeutic properties for the treatment of bone and nervous system disorders. As an optional experience discover the natural healing power of these hot springs that will help you to reduce muscle fatigue caused by physical exertion. After this visit, transfer back to the hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.