- 2 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Explore the ´Windows of Otuzco´, a group of niches located on the side of a hill, carved during the first centuries of our era. This necropolis stands out between the natural rock formations in the northern part of Peru and is one of the main attractions of Cajamarca. Learn about the burial process, the discoveries on the site and the vision of life after death of the ancient local inhabitants in this interesting activity.
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks
The transportation service will pick you up from your hotel in the center of Cajamarca.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
The transport will transfer back to your hotel in the center of Cajamarca.
Visit the ´Ventanillas de Otuzco´ (Windows of Otuzco), located just 7 km. from the city of Cajamarca, standing out amidst the region´s green countryside. The site is a pre-Inca cemetery, which pre-dates the Caxamarca culture, probably influenced by the Wari Empire and is located on the side of a hill. Hundreds of crypts and individual niches resembling windows were carved into the volcanic stone. The niches lead into a network of dark and mysterious galleries, which appear to have no end, giving rise to myths of secret tunnels that linked Cajamarca to Cusco. Enjoy this experience as you discover the past and the vision of afterlife that the old inhabitants of this land had. At the end of the visit, you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is important to inform us the name of the hotel where you are staying in order to coordinate your activity
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Rates do not apply for Peruvians or foreign passengers who stay in Peru for more than 60 days because sales taxes are not included in the above total and, if applicable, will be collected by the local operator.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.