- 12 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Rodríguez de Mendoza, is located at 5,250 ft (1600 m) above sea level tucked between mountains in the high jungle of Peru. It offers the world the great aroma and flavor of its award-winning coffee, but has much more in store for visitors that venture down into the valley. Be awed by the incredible structures of stalactites and stalagmites in its caves, relax in thermal mineral baths, enjoy a carefree afternoon on the shores of the Huamanpata lagoon, and feel welcomed by the warmth of its people.
- Local taxes
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
From your Hotel or from Vivekuelap.com office in jr. Ayacucho 944 - Chachapoyas, frente a la plaza principal
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
All flight times are approximate and subject to change due to weather conditions and weight restrictions.
to your Hotel o a la Plaza principal de chachapoyas.
Mendoza is a unique ecotourism destination in Peru that satisfies each and every visitor. To visit Mendoza we will take a car/bus 52 miles (83 km) from chachapoyas. The landscape is breathtaking and varied, and includes a 15-minute stop in front of the beautiful forest of 10 thousand hectares of palm trees. Due to the distance, for a Full Day tour we recommend spending the night in Mendoza at Calzada Lodge to start our adventure with renewed energy.
6:30 Departure by bus (reclining seats, 1 hour)
8:30 Traditional breakfast
9:00 Transfer to the palm forest of Ocol (10 minutes)
9:15 Explanation of the communal conservation area, Ocol palm forest.
9:30 Transfer to the natural scenic viewpoint of Rodríguez de Mendoza (50 minutes)
10:20 Explanation of the province of Rodríguez de Mendoza
10:40 Visit to a private collection of butterflies
11:10 Visit to the Monteverde coffee farm, winner of the Café Gourmet 2017, Expocafé 2017
12:00 Transfer to Fundo Calzada, horse show.
12:30 Lunch time
1:40 PM Transfer to the caverns (20 minutes)
14:10 Guided tour in cavern
15:20 Transfer to the sulfur baths of Tocuya (15 minutes)
15:30 Free recreation in mineral springs
16:30 Meeting for departure
16:45 Bus departure
19:15 Arrival in Chachapoyas and coordination for the next day
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.