- 5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
BODY RAFTING™ & CAVING MUTIADVENTURE An exclusive, off the beaten path, eco-experience through an untouched private forest with access to amazing caves, canyons and rivers fed by underground springs where you go spelunking through caverns, rock climbing and body rafting™.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Ideal choice for families
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Transportation from our departure place in San Juan.
- State of the art gear: life jackets, helmets, knee pads, dry bags.
- Rest and relaxation at a small, traditional mountain cottage.
- Knowledgeable guides that are certified in wilderness first aid, vertical techniques, swift water rescue and cave rescue.
- Bottled water and hydration drinks for your expedition.
- Lunch; deli sandwich.
- Cold drinks and optional local beer after the expedition.
- Photos and videos of your experience!
• San Juan: Plaza las Américas Mall. Outside the mall at the parking lot by PF Chang restaurant.
Departure time from San Juan: 8:15 am.
We will be glad to drop you off at your place on the way back.
Original departure point
Hike down an Indian trail through the jungle while listening to birds as well as exploring the homeland of the Taino Indians through fascinating stories about their life and culture.
The professional nature interpreters’ contagious enthusiasm will lead your discovery of the wildlife. You will explore a spectacular river cave and discover the magical underground wonders.
Enjoy body rafting™, a unique sport created by EXPLORA where you ride friendly and clear currents, floating downstream while wearing life jacket and helmets.
The remarkable exploration through an off-the-beaten-path scenery takes place under the safe and friendly guidance of fully bilingual, certified nature interpreters who share their enormous passion for the ecosystems through a hands-on learning experience about the amazing geology of the area, the ancient Atlantic Ocean’s floor.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Additional Information
- Total activity duration: 5.5 hours, average, door to door
- Experience duration: 3.5 hours average
- Location: A private wildlife sanctuary in a pristine tropical forest, North West of Puerto Rico.
- Travel time: Approximately one hour.
- Age limit: Minimum standard age is 10 years old; agile younger children (8 or 9) are welcome.
- Level of difficulty: Average. Requires a good level of physical exertion/fitness; anyone who is agile and in good health may participate.
- Restrictions: You need to be agile, active and be in good health. For their own safety, pregnant women cannot participate, nor anyone who has undergone recent surgery, has back injuries, nor those with a serious heart, respiratory or neurologic condition, such as epilepsy.
- What to wear
- Top: comfortable top, lightweight & breathable made of synthetic quick dry material.
- Bottom: Ladies may wear bathing suit as a first layer, then 'leggings' or light sports pants on top. Gentlemen may wear swim trunks, also bike pants or light sports pant.
- Shoes: Sneakers, closed-toe outdoor shoes, light hiking boots.
- What to bring
- Change of clothes, including shoes, and towel. That will remain at the private facilities.
- Any personal medications if needed.
- Waterproof camera.
- Explora's Uniqueness
- Over two decades of existence and more than 25,000 happy customers.
- Honored by Trip Advisor with the Excellence Award.
- Unparalleled track record of no accidents.
- Followers of ‘Leave No Trace’ low impact environmental principles.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
100% Recommend! Kids had a blaiist and the adults had more fun. Communication from Mimi on what was needed is the best!
It's more of a workout than we thought it would be, but it was so much fun. We recommend long-sleeve shirts and leggings to stay warm. Kelly and Juan are great guides!
This was my favorite excursion of our entire Puerto Rico trip!! Kelly was a great guide knowledgable, fun, and patient, and the rainforest hike, caving, and body rafting was not like any other adventure I've done as a tourist - anywhere! Since they only take small groups out twice a week, the trails have remained quite primitive unlike other places that seem too commercialized. We even felt like we needed to bushwhack through the overgrown areas sometimes. Given the circumstances, I was happy to learn that there are no venomous snakes on the island! Our group also hiked while wearing climbing harness so that we could hook onto cables to traverse the steeper, slick, cliff-side areas safely. I booked this tour because it was the only one that was listed as Adrenaline and Extreme. I'm not sure I'd use those words myself, but there were a few people on the trip who were nervous about some of the activities, and yet they overcame their fears and had a good time. My husband, daughter, and I loved it! Go for it - This tour will not disappoint!
We had an amazing time. Both Gabriel and John were great guides. The owner was very communicative and even met us in the morning to see us off. The excursion itself was a ton of fun and we loved it.
The only watch out is that it does require better physical condition than is clear from the description. The hike back uphill from the river is very challenging if you arent in shape. That said, the guides were very helpful and we were able to make it back up for a refreshing drink.
The trip was supposed to be from 8:00am - 12:00 pm. Gabriel - our guide - was very knowledgeable about his country and told us a lot about historical things of Puerto Rico which were quite interesting. We were a small group of 6 people on this amazing adventure. My husband and I did not do Body Rafting before. It was an extraordinary experience. Unfortunately we expected more caves than we actually saw. As already mentioned - the trip was supposed to take place from 8:00am - 12:00pm - in reality we got back at 5:30pm. Please take that into account when booking this adventure. Another thing is the meeting point in the morning. We got just the information that we should be at the east entrance of La Plaza de las Americas mall. I cannot remember the name of the restaurant at the mall where we actually met, but make sure to get that information in advance. Moreover the guide made a lot of photos and told us that he will send them to us via E-Mail - unfortunately we did not receive them until now.
All in all it was a really good experience which I can really recommend!
This was a great adventure for our family of 4 two kids ages 10 and 12. The setting is absolutely beautiful and we felt like we were really doing something memorable and off the beaten path. Javier, our guide, was great especially with the kids. Mimi from Explora also was great about getting in touch immediately after we booked the tour. She provided lots of great information and was quick to respond to questions. The hike down and up was fairly challenging due to the slippery conditions, so good footwear really helps. Also I wore a pair of Keens that were closed toe but had lots of gaps in the sides lots of river gravel and pebbles in my shoe. Tennis shoes really are a better choice.
It was a lot of fun. I'd note however, that it is a fairly strenuous physical activity, which includes at least two bouldering events one on the way down and another on the way up. Our guide was terrific.
What an awesome excursion!!! Mimi and Havi took spectacular care of us. We were coming off a cruise ship and Mimi worked wonders to make sure we were picked up and dropped off on time. Havi was an excellent tour guide, extremely knowledgeable and all around easy person to spend the day with. If you have biking shorts, I would recommend wearing them body rafting to help cushion the rocks. Otherwise, If you are looking for adventure, beautiful scenery and off the beaten path this excursion is for you! If I could, I would give it a 10 - great all around people. THANK YOU!!!
This was an amazing experience. In particular, the body rafting was really exciting. My wife is a non-swimmer and was a somewhat nervous about this part of the trip, but she ended up being thrilled by it. The hike down, the cave and the Tanama river canyon were all part of a beautiful setting. Our Explora guide, Javier, was extremely knowledgeable about the area and did a fabulous job. Explora made every effort to ensure we enjoyed our adventure.
I would highly recommend this tour if you want to get a great nature and hiking tour. I had a great time on the tour. My guides Kelley and Jamie were so personable. I enjoyed hearing about all the knowledge they had about the forest. The body rafting was so much fun.