- 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy the breathtaking view of Rio Grande de Arecibo in this wonderful cave atop a limestone or haystack mountain (mogote) in Arecibo, Puerto Rico on a 45 minute to 1 hour tour. The cave is accessible through a hiking trail and trained staff provides guided tours with great information on Taino culture and expert knowledge of the surrounding vegetation and animals.
Includes: Roundtrip transportation, bottles of water, light snacks and entrance ticket.
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Use of helmet
Traveler pickup is offered
Isla Verde and Condado Area including Sheraton Convention Center. Please call provider to verify best pick up location in regards to your hotel location.
7:45am to 8:30am - Monday to Sunday
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Enjoy our pick-up locations at the Isla Verde Courtyard by Marriott, El Alambique Restaurant near the Water Beach Club Hotel, La Ventana al Mar in between La Concha Hotel and the Condado Vanderbilt, and the Sheraton Convention Center. Also, an informative 55-minutes drive approximately from San Juan to Arecibo. Bathrooms available at property entrance.
Approximately a 50-minutes guided tour through light hiking trails with one sided handrails; steep steps access at the caverns entrances and exits. Wear comfortable clothing and closed hiking shoes with good traction. Mosquito repellent (eco-friendly bug spray) recommended. Flashlights with special filters will be provided at the caves’ entrance and slight cooler temperatures expected once inside.
- Explore the natural wonders of caverns and experience firsthand the conditions inside these breathtaking ecosystems during the daytime
- See the native history preserved along centuries-old walls and learn how to protect these amazing petroglyphs
- Hear all about Puerto Rico's culture, history, and geological natural habitats while practicing responsible and informed exploration methods
- Enjoy nature at its best as you escape from your daily routine, venturing into nature among plants and unique animals.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (Spanish and English)
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.