- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
On this adventure, we will be heading to the Northern Karst Zone of Puerto Rico and visit two of its most popular caves. You will leave the sprawling suburbs of San Juan behind to the refreshingly rural areas of northern PR, a region of untouched nature reserves and dozing cattle. This area is sparsely populated and punctured by caves and spectacular beaches!
Cueva Ventana or "The Window Cave" is a large cave situated atop a limestone cliff overlooking the magnificent Río Grande de Arecibo valley. Walk with a guide to discover its stalactite and stalagmite formations and experience this natural beauty! While the Indian Cave, a coral surface cave of rocky limestone carved out through the pounding of the sea over time will give you the opportunity to view petroglyphs made by the extinct indigenous Taino people and enjoy amazing views of the Ocean.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (within selected San Juan areas only). Persons staying in towns such as Dorado, Rio Grande, Fajardo, Humacao will have the option of paying additional fee for pick up at location or meeting point.
- Professional certified tour guide
- Light refreshments (water)
- Use of helmet and flashlight
- Entry/Admission - La Cueva del Indio
- Entry/Admission - Aventura Cueva Ventana
- Lunch (additional cost)
- Transportation outside of San Juan. Persons staying in towns such as Dorado, Rio Grande, Fajardo, Humacao will have the option of paying additional fee for pick up at location or meeting point.
Traveler pickup is offered
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: La Cueva del Indio, Arecibo, Puerto Rico
With an ocean front location the Indian Cave (Cueva del Indio) will show you a truly beautiful and unique natural cave. Once inside the cave you will have the opportunity to view many Indian carvings that adorn the walls and will transport you to a time when they roamed the Island. Climb thru the rocks and you will reach the top where you will enjoy the magnificent view of the Atlantic Ocean. This cave and surrounding areas have been featured in many movies including "Pirates of the Caribbean" and "The Perfect Getaway".
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Aventura Cueva Ventana, Arecibo, Puerto Rico
Cueva Ventana also known as the "Window Cave", will surprise you with its breathtaking beauty! This cave is situated atop a limestone cliff and overlooks the Rio Grande de Arecibo valley. You will be provided with a helmet and a flashlight for exploring the caves. Your guide will take you on a short walk and will point our the stalagmite and stalactite formations that you will pass through. After this short walk you will come upon "The Window", which is an opening in the cave which provides breathtaking views of the valley below. The view from "The Window" will leave you speechless and is a must-stop for pictures!
Duration: 2 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- We recommend that you wear comfortable clothes, hiking or closed-toe shoes
- Children must be 6 years or older to participate
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart or other serious medical conditions
- Not suitable for pregnant women past their first trimester
- The duration of transfers are approximately 1.5 hours each way, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Minimum number of 4 persons is required for this tour to take place. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
This trip was Amazing! Francisco was so knowledgeable about our culture. I will definately reccommend him to my friends and family! These caves are a MUST.
The driver which picke up us at the hotel was excellent. His name is Felix. He made the whole excursion awsome. At Cueva Ventana the local guide was Misael Padilla. A great tour guide. He made the experience at Cueva Ventana a really great tour. At Indian Cave it was a self guided tour but Felix was able to give us great highlights. Thumbs Up for both tours!
Jaime is simply amazing!! I was pleasantly surprised when Jaime reached out a day before our tour to give us details for the next day. He welcomes you with a hug when you first meet him and is a wealth of information about the island. Jaime is a person to where you start out the day as strangers and end up as family. The tour, the food, the caves, everything...it was absolutely amazing.
The tour started with our pickup at 8:30am in a black Mercedes Benz V250 new and drove 1.5hrs to the center of the island and we visited The Indian Cave and the window cave. It was a bit slippery in spots due to some rain but Jaime made sure we were all safe and had a great time. It was nice to see more of the natural beauty of the island since we had been to Puerto Rico before and were looking for a different experience. Jaime took a lot of pictures and posted them in the Facebook page for us to download at the end of the tour.
I plan on using Jaime whenever I'm on the island for everything because he's just that cool! If you book this tour make sure you request Jaime, you will NOT be disappointed. If fact I'd be disappointed in you if you didn't book him!
It was evident that Estrella was uninterested in being there for us. She conversed with other Spanish-speaking guides and locals during hikes, had informal conversations on her phone with her family and friends while driving us, rolled her eyes when I kindly asked her for a photograph, and sat down on rocks during each cave room while we explored on our own. She failed to explain pertinent information regarding the caves. She called me a difficult client, which was just the cherry on top..
Great tour! September is apparently the low season so it was like a private tour for us. Our guide, Jesus was friendly and warmhearted. The tour started at 8:30 and, although it says 8 hours, finished at about 2:00 which was not bad. Cueva Ventana is really worth going. Claustrophobes be aware! There are bats, cockroaches and big spiders inside the cave that may not be for the fainthearted.