- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
scuba experience is necessary and it is a great way to try
scuba diving, before committing to a learn to a full
dive course. It allows you to
scuba under the water and experience a great way to explore an underwater Reef.
Introductory diving is also known as Discover
Scuba Diving, because it is exactly that.
Ability to swim is necessary and prior snorkeling experience is recommended.
- Small Groups, maximum of 4 participants per instructor. We may have more space, call Dive Center to check additional availability of additional instructors. Experienced PADI Scuba Instructors in English. Spanish Guide by request. . Please call Dive Center after booking to confirm request for Spanish speaking Instructor. Safe and Fun. PADI certified instructors are highly qualified with hundreds of completed dives. Each instructor is fully insured. PADI--the way the World learns to dive--is the world's most recognized training agency. Highest Standards. All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Use of snorkel equipment and all scuba diving equipment
- Water provided with tour
- Meet at Rincon Diving & Snorkeling. If you need directions, please feel free to call us and we will guide you in.
- There is a short drive from Dive Center to beach. Customers will caravan to beach a short 5 minutes drive from Dive Center in their own transportation.
Rincon Diving & Snorkeling
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. PADI dive shops offer this program off a beach. You can try scuba while you’re on vacation in Puerto Rico. While not a scuba certification course, PADI Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
This course is a quick and simple learn to dive program. People who have never tried diving before can, in a matter of an hour, be on a the beach and on their way to enjoying their first scuba experience. Your safety and enjoyment is our top concern. Our instructors are known to be thorough and patient. Beginners are our specialty.
Included in this course is a short lecture, water skills practice (beach), and a 1-tank or 2-tank dive with your instructor as your buddy.
Your Resort Course includes the use of all diving equipment. The instructor will provide fresh drinking water.
To sign up ONLINE for a PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience, you must be at least 15 years old. No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health. If participant is 10-14 years old, call Dive Center direct to sign up.
Tour option of one or two dives in same day.
Are you ready to try it out?
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Approximate time for completion: Half day (3-5 hours)
- First, there's the paperwork to do at Check-in. You'll need to provide us with some basic personal information and answer some questions on your medical history.
- After Check-in, you will meet your instructor and relax in our Training area to watch a short video which explains the course details.
- Thereafter, we will begin equipment fitting, training and briefing from your Instructor. This check-in process will take approximately 45 minutes depending on the size of the group.
- Participants will carpool or caravan to the entry. Depending on the size of your group, the guide may or may not be able to accommodate transportation from Dive Center to entry. All activities start and end on the beach--NO BOAT IS REQUIRED for a great experience.
- At the beginning of the first dive, you will learn some basic diving skills in shallow water with your instructor, and then you're off exploring the same coral reefs as certified divers. You'll have a dive instructor with you at all times and can dive to a maximum depth of 12m, around 39 feet.
- If you have chosen a second dive option, we will take an hour long break and conduct an additional briefing. We move to different coral reef where you'll go on the second dive with your instructor.
- If you really loved the Discover Scuba Diving introductory dives then your next step is to get certified with the PADI Open Water Diver course.
- WEATHER RELATED CANCELLATIONS*: We reserve the right to cancel or reroute tours up until the last minute due to weather, safety, or other uncontrollable circumstances. In this case, we will try to reschedule, agree on another more accessible destination or, if necessary, give a full refund.
- WHAT TO BRING:
- ALL GUESTS**: APPLY REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN and DRINK plenty of WATER BEFORE arrival. Reef safe sunscreen is sunscreens that does not contain oxybenzone. Most sunscreens containing natural minerals such as zinc oxide are better for the reef. Reef Safe sunscreen available for purchase in dive center as well.
- Wear a SWIMSUIT and bring a TOWEL with you. Water temperature average is low-mid 80's Farenheit so additional thermal protection is not generally required.
- IF YOU ARE ON A **DISCOVER SCUBA ADVENTURE TOUR**: It is suggested that you wear a t-shirt or sun SHIRT to avoid sunburn and abrasion from the equipment . Bring additional sunscreen to be used if needed. All equipment necessary for tour will be provided. If you have your own snorkeling/dive equipment, feel free to bring it for best personal fit.
- IF you are on a Discover Scuba Diving tour and **YOU WILL BE FLYING WITHIN 18 HOURS** AFTER your tour, you can NOT participate in this tour.
- Minimum age is 10, however, this activity may not be suitable for all children 10-14. Please call Dive Center before booking online if you have a child under the age of 14 participating
- Participants should be able to swim. Prior snorkeling experience helpful.
- Diving within 18 hours before flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- We look forward to welcoming you at RINCON DIVING & SNORKELING.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.