- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This 8-hour tour takes you to explore the attractions of Central & South Trinidad. On this guided tour, visit the second largest city in Trinidad - San Fernando plus make stops at the Market, Pitch Lake, the Hindu Temple & Hanuman Statue and the Museum of Pottery. This full-day tour includes entrance fees, a local guide and hotel pickup and drop-off from Port of Spain hotels.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free snacks included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (in Port of Spain/environs)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan or private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - La Brea Pitch Lake
- Food and drinks not mentiond in inclusions
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up at hotels in Port of Spain and environs. Any pick-up outside of Port of Spain requires an additional cost.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Returns to original departure point
Daily. Sunday to Sunday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chaguanas Borough Corporation, St Thomas, Trinidad and Tobago
Enjoy all that the busy bazaar streets and fresh produce markets of Chaguanas has to offer. With local fruits, provisions, meats and snacks, vendors put them all on display for purchase. Look out for the hot peppers! Also try some local East Indian snacks, like Khurma.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Dattatreya Temple and Hanuman Statue, Datta Dr. At Orangefield Rd, Port of Spain Trinidad
Located in Central Trinidad and so you see a number of Hindu temples, and prayer flags in the yards of seemingly every house. See the largest (85-foot/26-meter) statue of the Hindu monkey-god, Lord Hanuman, outside of India. A tour of the site including the attached yoga center allows you to learn about interesting rituals and concepts
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: La Brea Pitch Lake, La Brea Village Trinidad
In deep South of Trinidad, we visit the small village of La Brea, where the Pitch Lake is situated. It is the largest of its kind in the world, and looks something like an elephant skin which can be peeled off! Our guide leads us around the site for one hour, making sure we don’t stand up on one of the vertical veins where the pitch is soft and sinking is easy. There are also spots for bathing in the sulphur pools (according to the weather).
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Temple in the Sea at Waterloo, Waterloo Rd Trinidad
Take a short drive across to the Temple in the Sea and Cremation Site and the East Indian Museum. Also enjoy a tasty, authentic roti lunch (not included in tour price)
Duration: 20 minutes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surface on Pitch Lake, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- walking shoes recommended (might get wet in rainy season)
- sun screen and/or sun hat
- modest clothing for religious sites (Hindu temple)
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.