- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
The Caroni Bird Sanctuary, renowned among ornithologists as one of the easiest places in the world to view the Scarlet Ibis, the National bird of Trinidad. This tour is timed to witness its arrival when it roosts. It's a mangrove swamp covering an area of 40 square miles (103 square kilometers). This tour features a guided group boat excursion through the swamp, which reveals a multitude of birds, fauna and local mangrove. This is also a great option for a layover tour as it's close to the airport.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Local guide
- Live commentary on board
- Port of Spain pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Caroni Bird Sanctuary
- Food and drinks
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick-up from anywhere in Port of Spain but please contact us to verify. For pick-ups outside of Port of Spain, please contact us as additional fees will apply. Piarco International Airport is not in Port of Spain, however, special requests can be accommodated.
- Piarco Airport, Port of Spain Trinidad
Port of Spain Cruise Ship Complex
Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the duration selected.
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Caroni Bird Sanctuary, Butler Highway, Caroni Trinidad
Your tour takes you on a boat tour of the pristine swamp lands of the Caroni Bird Sanctuary and experience the avian life of this area, especially that of the National Bird of Trinidad - the Scarlet Ibis. Along the way you would see other local fauna and learn about of our local mangrove.
Duration: 2 hours
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Closed toed shoes and insect repellent are strongly recommended
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair guests may be able to be accommodated, please contact us for more information
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.