- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
The AWNC is a “Not-for-Profit” Trust established in 1967 by a group of naturalists and bird-watchers to “protect part of the Arima Valley in a natural state and to create a conservation and study area for the protection of wildlife and for the enjoyment of all.” It was one of the first nature centres to be established in the Caribbean.
- Entry/Admission - Asa Wright Nature Centre
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
Asa Wright Nature Center
The Centre’s main facilities are located on a former cocoa-coffee-citrus plantation, previously known as the Spring Hill Estate. This estate has now been partly reclaimed by secondary forest, surrounded by impressive rainforest, where some original climax forest on the steeper slopes have a canopy of 100-150 feet. The whole effect is one of being deep in tropical rainforest.
Asa Wright Nature Centre welcomes day visitors during the hours of 9am-5pm. Guided walks with our professional naturalist guides are conducted daily at 10:30am and 1:30pm. The walk lasts about 1.5 hours. Day visitors can relax on our Jade Vine Terrace or Verandah, which has a spectacular view of the Arima Valley and the many species of birds.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual - hiking boots or outdoor shoes are recommended. Wear long light clothing in neutral colors, avoiding bright conspicuous color clothing.
- Avoid making loud noises and do not carry any type of music or sound making devices. Do not feed or touch animals.
- Children under 12 must be supervised at all times.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.