- 7 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Visit the largest "Pitch Lake" in the world that is 250 feet deep and holds 10 million tons of asphalt, used for manufacturing and road paving all over the world. Bathe in the sulfur pool which, according to the villagers, has healing properties for joint pain and skin conditions.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - La Brea Pitch Lake
- Food and drinks
Tour departs from all Port of Spain hotels.
Valid from the time of first use, for the duration selected.
Returns to original departure point
The tour will depart Port of Spain at 9am for a 1.5 hour drive to the Pitch Lake in the village of La Brea in the deep South. Your drive takes you along highways, passing many small villages and the second largest town, San Fernando. At the lake, the knowledgeable guide will take you on a walk to the middle, which is called 'the Mother of the Lake.' You will also have an opportunity to bathe in the sulfur pool which has healing properties for your skin and joints, according to the locals.
Departing the lake, you will have a stop for lunch (at own expense) and then the tour continues to Central Trinidad. Here you'll visit the Sadhu Temple in the sea and the largest Hanuman Murti outside of India. Your last stop will be a family-owned pottery shop where you will see the simple production of the pottery items.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under. There is a lot of walking and participants have to pay attention to where the guide is telling them to step. The surface of the lake is very soft in certain areas.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.