- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Come see nature at its best as you turtle-watch on the shores of Matura which is situated on the East Coast of Trinidad, this tiny village has one of the most popular beaches for this type of activity. This is truly a pure nature tour!
The endangered leatherback turtles come ashore from March 1st to August 31st of each year for their nesting season. These giants visit these shores as many as 3 or 4 times during the season to lay between 480 and 1,000 eggs. As you may note, they can be up to seven feet in length. Many of the turtles can weigh more than 2,000 pounds. These magnificent creatures travel for thousands of miles in the water to come here. Due to the high risk of poachers disturbing their landing, a non-profit organization has teamed up with the Forestry Division to protect their nests. Only 100 visitors are allowed in the area at one time and a special permit is needed.
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Matura Beach, Trinidad
Traveler pickup is offered
Monique's Guest House, Alicia's Palace, Piarco International Airport
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Matura Beach, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago
Travelers will experience one of natures annual turtle nesting ground. This season starts from 1st March to 31st August and this is a night time excursion to view the endangered Leatherback Turtles lay their eggs as well as see their hatchlings. Come face to face with natures giant weighing up to 1,500 pounds and measuring three meters across 2 Persons minimum
Duration: 6 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.