- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Get a perfect introduction to the greater Anchorage area on this 3-hour tour. Stops include Earthquake Park, Lake Hood Seaplane Base, Beluga Point, Potter's Marsh, and Flattop Mountain. Enjoy the diverse wildlife, visit historical sites, experience scenic views, and shop in downtown Anchorage!
Please note: pricing is per tour, not per guest. Order "1" adult for all ages and group sizes from 1 to 13 guests
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Get inside tips from a local
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Customer specifies pickup location
Customer specified drop off location.
This fun 3-hour adventure starts from a pickup location of your choice. First, you'll visit historic Ship Creek where Anchorage was first settled as a tent city in 1911. Here, you'll find a thriving urban salmon stream where downtown anglers often catch salmon on their lunch breaks from work. This is also the location of the Anchorage rail terminal for the historic Alaska Railroad.
Your guide will then take you to Earthquake Park and Point Woronzof, where you can take in the stunning view of the Anchorage skyline set against the backdrop of the Chugach Mountains and Cook Inlet. You may even catch sight of a moose along the roadway! Next, stop at the busiest seaplane base in the world, Lake Hood. Watch as local bush pilots expertly land their planes and taxi to their landing docks. Following this stop, you'll visit the incomparable Turnagain Arm and Beluga Point. Take in the majestic scenery and scout for Beluga whales, Dall sheep, mountain goats, black bears, and bald eagles.
Your journey continues into Potter's Marsh and the Anchorage Coastal Wildlife Refuge, a protected wildlife habitat home to many migratory species of birds in the summer. Climb the stunning vistas of Flattop Mountain and get a birdseye view of the Municipality of Anchorage (which is larger than Rhode Island!) as well as views of Sleeping Lady, Denali, and the Alaska Range on clear days. As the tour comes to an end, you'll head back downtown where your guide will point out the best restaurants, bars, gift shops, and art galleries before bidding farewell. A perfect introduction to the diverse area that is Anchorage!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Pricing is per tour, not per guest. Order "1" adult for all ages and group sizes from 1 to 13 guests
- Maximum group size is 13
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.