- 6 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the true wilderness of Alaska via jet boat tour in the heart of the Eagle Preserve! Explore miles of the stunning Chilkat River System. Your small group tour starts with a ferry ride to Haines. Then up the scenic byway to where your boat awaits you. Wildlife and scenery opportunities abound with eagles and moose often being the highlights. Your captain can stop the boat so you can get your Alaska photo of a lifetime! Return to Skagway with memories, photos, and an appreciation for the Alaskan wilderness!
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Small group ensures personal service
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Lunch included
- Port pickup
- Haines town tour
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-bus
- 1.5 hour scenic jet boat tour
- Jackets, Gloves, Ear Muffs, and Lap Blankets will be provided for the jet boat portion of the tour if needed
- Local taxes
- Local guide
Cruise Ship Pier or Hotel pick up upon request
Departure times vary in accordance with ferry schedule and availability. A time will be suggested once booking is complete.
Daily from May 9th to September 14th
Where the road ends, your adventure begins! Experience the true wilderness that Alaska is famous for on our narrated river tour in the heart of the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve which explores miles of tributaries of the stunning glacially carved, braided Chilkat River system. Your tour starts with a glacial fjord ferry ride to the town of Haines, known as the adventure capital of Alaska. Meet your guide and embark on a short tour of this quaint town with the Chilkat Mountains in the backdrop. Then it is off to the adventure part of your tour as your guide drives you up the Haines Scenic Byway to the private property of River Adventures. This is where you prepare for your jet boat tour and your journey through the Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve. The boat is powered by very quiet four stroke outboard jet motors, and is uncovered for the best wildlife, scenery, and photography opportunities. Moose are often the highlight of the tour along with bald eagles with their massive nests that are dotted along the river banks. If you encounter a moose, bear or any other wildlife, your captain can stop the boat so you can get your Alaska photo of a lifetime!
This excursion offers everything in a small group setting of up to 24 guests maximum. Warm and friendly staff provide customer service at the highest level. Extra outerwear to stay warm and dry is provided as well as lunch and modern facilities. So bring a smile and you will leave with memories, photos, and a greater appreciation for the Alaskan wilderness and the people who call it their home!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must reconfirm with supplier for exact departure time as it changes daily. Failure to reconfirm may result in tour cancellation.
- Please dress in warm layers and comfortable shoes
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Awesome trip. Saw 3 moose, one that crossed the river in front of us. Saw some bald eagles. Nature is never guaranteed, but it is a deliberate attempt to find and spend time with on this tour. Guide CP was great. Funny, thoughtful and knowledgable. Totally would do again. The boat transfer as part of this from Skagway to Haines was also very scenic and enjoyable.