- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Take a breathtaking journey into the unspoiled Alaskan wilderness on this flightseeing tour of Mt McKinley! Soar high above the granite peaks, glaciers and cascading icefalls of Denali National Park, and admire the Great Gorge of Ruth Glacier, one of the world's deepest gorges (deeper than the Grand Canyon!). Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience of landing on a glacier. Round-trip transport from Anchorage is included.
- Limited hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local Certified driver guide
- Certified Alaska bush pilot
- Glacier landing, when conditions allow
- Gratuities (recommended for both the driver/guide and the pilot)
Salmon Berry Travel & Tours, 515 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point
After pickup from your Anchorage hotel, you’ll be taken on a scenic 2-hour drive to the quaint town of Talkeetna. Once there, your guide will take you to lunch in the town (included) and then you will board a bush plane for your 1-hour flightseeing tour of Mt Denali (formerly Mt McKinley).
Soar high above the granite peaks, cascading icefalls, canyons and glaciers of Denali National Park. You’ll be awed by the Great Gorge of Ruth Glacier, filled with a 4,000-foot thick (1,220-meter) river of ice. The depth of this glacier combined with the height of the towering cliffs create an abyss that is deeper than the Grand Canyon! In fact, this is one of the deepest gorges in the world.
Throughout your flight, capture photos of the Don Sheldon amphitheater, snow-capped peaks, intense blue melt-water pools and cascading icefalls, and enjoy informative commentary from your expert pilot about the surrounding wildlife and geological interests.
Then experience a glacier landing! Land on a river of ice for an unparalleled viewing of these majestic rock and ice formations.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not appropriate for children under 8 years old, due to the length of the tour
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.