- 60 to 70 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Fly with the original flightseeing company in Denali for your best odds of seeing The Mountain "face to face." Passengers on this flight see more of Denali, more often than anyone else. Your highly experienced pilots possess the skills and knowledge to take advantage of the unique airstrip location just outside the road entrance into Denali NP. 99% of the flight is within Denali National Park, giving you a comprehensive tour of its wild and majestic beauty. Fly among jagged mountaintops and over tumbling glaciers on a stunning 200-mile flight to get within ½ mile and circle Denali to see every spectacular corner (weather permitting).
Special Note(s): This tour is headset equipped, fully narrated and all seats are window seats on twin engine aircraft. Precise flight routes are dictated by current weather conditions. Anticipated flight routes will be discussed with passengers during a pre-flight briefing. Flight time is 60 - 70 minutes.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (at passenger's discretion)
Denali National Park entrance area
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Enjoy a complimentary shuttle from your hotel near Denali National Park with our friendly and professional drivers en route to our private airstrip, located approximately 8 miles south of the road entrance into Denali. The pick-up time at your hotel depends on your hotel location but is approximately 30-60 minutes prior to flight time.
Upon arrival at the airstrip, you will check in at our office and listen to a passenger map briefing to orient you to our location and the flight routes. Your pilot will escort you to one of our comfortable twin engine airplanes and provide a safety orientation to the aircraft before settling each passenger into a window seat. You will depart from the airstrip and in moments cross the Nenana River, the eastern boundary of the National Park. The exact flight route will depend on weather but here are some highlights you can expect:
• Comprehensive views of all the features of the Park that you would otherwise see on a Park bus tour
• Views of the Wickersham Wall, arguably the tallest vertical relief on any mountain in the world. This 14,000 foot sheer wall of ice and snow is the best opportunity you’ll have to gain a stunning perspective of the towering size of Denali.
• Intimate views of the glaciers tumbling down Denali’s north side, including the Traleika, Brooks and the long-running Muldrow flowing from between the north and south summits at 17,000 feet
• Ridge-hopping the dramatic Carpe and Karstens ridgelines, used by the first climbers to summit Denali
• Close views of the south side glaciers, including the deepest glacier (the Ruth), the longest glacier in the Alaska Range (the Kahiltna), the meandering Tokositna and the colorful Eldridge
• Views of the Great Gorge in the expansive Ruth Amphitheater, with its dramatic 5,000 foot granite walls rising straight from glacial ice almost 4,000 feet thick
• Views of Mount Foraker, Mount Russell, and Mount Hunter, the next 3 tallest mountains in the Alaska Range, rounding out the Denali Family
• Views of the most popular climbing routes and climbing camps at various altitudes (during climbing season)
While this flight focuses heavily on Denali and its immediate vicinity, you will also be able to experience all the striking signature features of the 6 million acres that comprise Denali National Park, including the vivid Polychrome Mountains, the Toklat river basin, and the colorful contrasts of Denali’s vast geological displays as you ascend along the spine of the Alaska Range. Prepare to be humbled by this vast, utterly unique and remote Alaskan landscape that is best seen by air in order to appreciate the sheer magnitude of its beauty.
After landing at our airstrip, you will have the opportunity to take pictures of the plane and with the pilot and discuss the flight before boarding the shuttle van to return to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Denali (Mt. McKinley) is 80 miles away from our airstrip. Weather conditions at the Mountain will often be different from those in our area. Please feel free to call for the current pilot’s reports but know that we do not make decisions based on weather until about an hour before flight time. We will always send a driver to pick-up locations with the most up-to date information at the allotted pick-up times. Exact route and specific sights are weather dependent but due to our airstrip's unique location, we are able to access either side of the Alaska Range when others cannot. We have the highest success rate of showing Denali to our guests of any tour option, anywhere.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.