- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
When your ship docks in the Juneau port, don’t miss the chance to observe humpbacks and orcas in the glassy blue waters of Alaska’s Inside Passage. On this 3.5-hour whale-watching tour, cruise through dramatic landscapes of fjords and snowcapped mountains and catch sight of sea lions and otters in their natural habitat. Watch whales glide through the water and bald eagles soar above. Wrap up your excursion with fresh crab at Juneau's Original Tracy's King Crab/
- All transfers between Port to Boat Harbor and return.
- Informative Professional Driver Guide during transfers.
- Naturalist on Whale Tour.
- Bottled water and a light snack aboard the whale boat.
- Crab Combo Meal at Juneau's Original Tracy's Crab Shack - 1 King Crab Leg; Crab Cakes, Lobster Bisque
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Drinks at Tracy's are not included
Mount Roberts Tramway, 490 S Franklin St, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Returns to original departure point
May 1 - Sept 25
When your ship pulls into port, make your way to the Mt Roberts Tramway parking lot, where you’ll board a coach bus that takes you on a 20-minute scenic journey to Auke Bay Harbor. Your driver provides engaging commentary of the sights en route. Weather permitting, glimpse the impressive Mendenhall Glacier from the heated comfort of your bus.
Upon arrival at the harbor, meet your crew and climb aboard your jet boat or catamaran with large viewing decks. Stand outside or admire unrestricted views from inside the warm cabin as you voyage into the Inside Passage, a coastal route filled with fjords and glaciers.
Speed toward locations known for sighting of orcas and humpbacks. Once a whale is spotted, your captain slows down the boat and shuts off the engine.
From May to September, keep your eyes peeled for pods of whales, including calves that swim alongside their mothers. Observe them rolling along the water, and don’t be surprised if they even travel close to your drifting boat.
Snap photos and record video of wildlife as you cruise past rocky outcrops covered with sea lions, harbor seals and otters busy at work and play. After about two hours on the water, head to Juneau's Original Tracy's King Crab for fresh crab.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Juneau port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Tour time is a check-in time, departure is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: Ship Name
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. Must be able to take 3 steps into\out of bus.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - dress in layers and the likely chance of rain.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.