- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
When your ship docks in the Juneau port, don’t miss the chance to observe humpbacks and orcas in the glassy blue waters of Alaska’s Inside Passage. On this 3.5-hour whale-watching tour, cruise through dramatic landscapes of fjords and snowcapped mountains and catch sight of sea lions and otters in their natural habitat. Watch whales glide through the water and bald eagles soar above. Wrap up your excursion with fresh crab at Juneau's Original Tracy's King Crab/
- All transfers between Port to Boat Harbor and return.
- Informative Professional Driver Guide during transfers.
- Naturalist on Whale Tour.
- Bottled water and a light snack aboard the whale boat.
- Crab Combo Meal at Juneau's Original Tracy's Crab Shack - 1 King Crab Leg; Crab Cakes, Lobster Bisque
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Drinks at Tracy's are not included
Mt Roberts Tramway, downtown Juneau (a 5-minute walk from the cruise terminal)
Mt. Roberts Tramway
May 1 - Sept 25
When your ship pulls into port, make your way to the Mt Roberts Tramway parking lot, where you’ll board a coach bus that takes you on a 20-minute scenic journey to Auke Bay Harbor. Your driver provides engaging commentary of the sights en route. Weather permitting, glimpse the impressive Mendenhall Glacier from the heated comfort of your bus.
Upon arrival at the harbor, meet your crew and climb aboard your jet boat or catamaran with large viewing decks. Stand outside or admire unrestricted views from inside the warm cabin as you voyage into the Inside Passage, a coastal route filled with fjords and glaciers.
Speed toward locations known for sighting of orcas and humpbacks. Once a whale is spotted, your captain slows down the boat and shuts off the engine.
From May to September, keep your eyes peeled for pods of whales, including calves that swim alongside their mothers. Observe them rolling along the water, and don’t be surprised if they even travel close to your drifting boat.
Snap photos and record video of wildlife as you cruise past rocky outcrops covered with sea lions, harbor seals and otters busy at work and play. After about two hours on the water, head to Juneau's Original Tracy's King Crab for fresh crab.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your excursion ends with ample time for you to return to the Juneau port for your ship’s departure. In the extremely unlikely event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Tour time is a check-in time, departure is within 15 to 30 minutes.
- The meeting place is under the cables in front of the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- All ports or docks are within 10 minutes walking distances, except one - the A Dock - which provides a shuttle to the Mt. Roberts Tramway.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: Ship Name
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Collapsible wheelchairs can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark. Must be able to take 3 steps into\out of bus.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately - dress in layers and the likely chance of rain.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Saw many whales and the guides were entertaining and knowledgeable.
The cruise was amazing. Cap'n Dirk and Jason and Mark were very informative and friendly. couldn't have asked for a better crew! and thanks for waiting for us since we were a bit late......would highly recommend this excursion....
I had never gone whale watching before so to see them 'bubble feed' was amazing, and we watched them 6-7 times. So glad we went and the crew was fantastic from our Capt. Steve who found the site to Mark the biologist who was extremely knowledgeable he studies whales to Lukos who actually did the helping in and out and distributed the water and snacks.
At Tracy's we had the King Crab combo - One crab leg, soup and crab cakes a 36 value.
All in all we enjoyed the day, from getting on the bus right under the tram on the pier to getting dropped off steps away from Tracy's it was a good tour.
HINT your paperwork from Viator is all you need for Tracy's.
It was a great tour. We actually saw whales in the port area. A small group, so we were able to get up and go out on the deck easily and get a great view without the window in the way! The guides were funny and very knowledgeable. Tracy's Crab Shack was incredible. We've already recommended this tour to friends going in August.
Great Day! We saw 14 whales feeding together and doing a bubble net to get their food. The weather definitely helped. It was sunshine and 67 degrees. The crew was fun and informative. The boat was easy to ride on and to take pictures from. We had the whale watch and crab feast so we went to the Twisted Fish Restaurant and had crab legs, clam chowder and a huge garlic roll. Amazing! The price of this combo was definitely worth it.
My whale watching tour was amazing! Loved Captain T and first mate Brendan. They were both so knowledgeable and very engaging. Our group of six, ages 12 to 75, all had a blast! Don't miss this tour.
Also, the Alaskan King crab lunch after the tour is delicious. drink and gratuity are extra.
Wasnt their fault that the whales didnt co-operate but still a good day out and the crab dinner was amazing
This excursion was great. We saw not only humpback whales but Orca's as well. The crew and staff were very knowledgeable and open to questions and communication. The only reason we give it 4 stars instead of 5 was because the Crab Lunch/Dinner was not available and we were not made aware of that until the day of the excursion. Part of our money WAS refunded for that but it was still a disappointment.