- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Experience the highlights of Turnagain Arm on the scenic Seward Parkway! This road is often considered as one of America's most scenic drives, and this 4-hour tour helps bring you to the gorgeous natural scenery. Stop at lookouts like Beluga Point for to snap a couple of photos, and keep an eye out for dall sheep, eagles, moose, and other wildlife. Learn about animal rehabilitation at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, and enjoy the stunning natural beauty on this small group Alaska wildlife tour.
Activity Level: EASY
Guests should be able to walk short distances on uneven ground. Trails surfaces vary from paved to uneven natural terrain. Tour participants must be able to walk a short distance and be able to get in/out of the tour vehicle with minimal assistance.
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Led by a professional photographer
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Small-group tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Anchorage area hotels only
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting point
- Professional local guide
- Professional photographer guide (when available)
- Light snacks and water
- Food and drinks (please note the tour does not stop for lunch)
- Pickups from businesses, private homes, apartments or B&B's. If this is your case, please contact the supplier for the nearest pick up location.
Traveler pickup is offered
IMPORTANT: If your hotel is NOT listed, please indicate name of your hotel at the time of booking!!
It is important for us to know the location of your hotel. Sometimes cell phones do not work well while in Alaska and if we cannot get in touch with you, we will not know where to pick you up!! Please call us 48 hours prior to the tour date to confirm your hotel and pick up time.
(907) 717-9666 - Planet Earth Adventures.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Returns to original departure point
Your guide will conveniently pick you up from your Anchorage area hotel, where you'll then depart at 10am for the drive toward Portage Valley. Hugging the edge of the Turnagain Arm, you'll see for for yourself why the Seward Highway is America's most scenic road, as mountains rise up straight from the water and you weave through glacially-carved valleys. To capture the stunning natural scenery, you'll stop at spots like Beluga Point to snap a couple of photos, and keep an eye out for moose, dall sheep, eagles, and other wildlife.
The animal sightings continue when you arrive at the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. The Center’s mission is to provide care and rehabilitation for injured and orphaned wildlife, and animals who won't survive in the wild are given refuge here on center's 140 acres. Here you can safely observe some of Alaska's largest land animals, including moose, bison, elk, deer, caribou, bears, and muskox. There are also a number of birds of prey and smaller species of mammals, and during the spring and summer months, visitors can often witness the rehabilitation of orphaned baby animals.
By 2pm, the tour ends when you're driven back to your Anchorage area hotel. (actual return time may vary)
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Activity level is easy. Guests should be able to walk short distances on uneven ground. Trails surfaces vary from paved to uneven natural terrain. Tour participants must be able to walk a short distance and be able to get in/out of the tour vehicle with minimal assistance.We strongly recommend that guests requiring assistance be accompanied by a companion who is capable of, and totally responsible for, providing assistance. Neither Planet Earth Adventures nor our suppliers may physically lift or assist guests onto transportation vehicles or otherwise.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.