- 1 hour (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Enjoy an adventurous winter activity during your time in Fairbanks. On this snowmobile tour, your guide will lead you for 60 minutes through a true winter wonderland so you can explore the rivers, lakes and mountains around the North Pole area.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free drinks included
- Free snacks included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Professional guide
- Use of helmet
- Parking fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
3740 Lyle Ave
8am to 4pm
Returns to original departure point
Daily except Sunday
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Make your way to the tour office in North Pole, a suburb of Fairbanks, and start with a brief safety orientation and instruction. Get geared up for the winter conditions, then start your snowmobile adventure!
Duration: 30 minutes
Location: Alaska-Wildlife-Guide - Day Tours, Fairbanks, Alaska
After around 30 minutes of safety briefing and introduction, explore Fairbanks' and North Pole's breathtaking surroundings for 60 minutes by snowmobile through a beautiful winter wonderland, crossing frozen lakes and rivers, scenic mountains, endless remote trails and hopefully wildlife such as moose, fox or snowshoe hare. The Chena Lakes Recreation area offers a variety of beautiful and well-maintained trails, lakes and rivers ensuring an adventure of a lifetime.
After enjoying the drive through Alaska's frozen backcountry by snowmobile, warm up by hot chocolate, tea, coffee and snacks.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Chena River State Recreation Area, Fairbanks, Alaska
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Tours are subject to change due the weather conditions
- Tours offered throughout the day by appointment; please call ahead to arrange a time (contact details are provided on your confirmation voucher)
- optional upgrade to 2 hours is possible
- Minimum driving age is 16 with a valid driving license and an adult present
- Children age 6 and younger are not allowed
- Specify your preferred departure time during booking
- driving time will be around 60 minutes. Safety briefing and fitting of the helmets etc. will be approximately 30 minutes extra.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
We were half hour late and they still accomodated us! Dave was awesome! It snowed and made the adventure magical!!!
Thank you! What a great way to end our Alaska vacation!
We loved this tour and the hosts are very friendly! The main trail was in a wide open field that was covered in beautiful fresh snow which made for a great ride. The guide was experienced and helped us out when we needed it mostly through a few narrow turns. Great tour and highly recommended!
The snowmobile should be full of fun, but I didn’t have a chance to experience the speed and excitement. I was in a group with 4 Indians, they had too many “accidents” on the way, and the guide needed to help them out all the time. It made me crazy that I had to wasted too much time on it.
Awesome experience. The location is beautiful. The guide was great. Would have love to go a little faster, lol.
It was great and the people were really friendly I enjoyed it very much.
The tour guide was amazing, knowledgeable, and friendly. Took us to some beautiful areas, looking for wildlife. Would definitely recommend!
Absolutely fantastic tour. Beautiful surroundings. Breathtaking views. It was our first time on a snowmobile, and we were treated in a way that made us feel very comfortable, yet allowed us plenty of freedom to have a great time. Very well done by our teriffic guide. Highly recommend the tour.
The owner, Rainer, and his wife were so friendly and very kind with us. We went for a one (1) hour tour and it was such an amazing and unforgettable experience. Up on our return, they received us with hot chocolate and cookies. It was a wonderfull experience! Highly recommended!!!
I had a great time riding through an open trail for an hour. Dress warmly because it was very cold with the winds blowing from the North. It is a huge open field where you can do an excess of 40 mph if you wish. We had seen moose tracks and droppings but didn't see any moose. Our guide had given us an informative lecture of the fauna and flora that exists in the area along our route. We were given enough time to warm up when we got back with tea or hot chocolate and sharing stories inside a heated garage. They will pick you up from the Fairbanks area if you need it.
Frist time on a snowmobile enjoy it. The most important part is I felt safe.
I could not have asked for a better snowmobiling adventure. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and made sure we were well prepared and geared up before taking off, driving our own snowmobiles through Chena Lakes. We didn't see any wildlife but the views of the snow and the mountains in the distance were breathtaking. We also stopped for photos and our guide took our photo. If you're looking for an adventure while visiting Fairbanks or North Pole, this is it! Highly recommended for adventure seekers everywhere!!