- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Embark on a moderate 3-hour walk through in the Denali area with an informative naturalist guide and a small group limited to seven people. Explore both within and outside the wilderness of Denali National Park, moving slowly through the boreal forest of the Alaska Range. Choose a morning, afternoon or midnight sun walk.
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Expert naturalist guide
- Some outdoor gear is available for use (e.g. rain gear, overboots, trekking poles, water)
238.5 Parks Hwy, Denali National Park and Preserve, AK 99755, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
If you are staying in any hotel other that the Denali Princess wilderness lodge, please send a text to 830-266-9255, when you arrive, to help coordinate pickup time.
Returns to original departure point
Daily, May 5 - Sep 15
After pickup from local Denali hotels or the Princess Wilderness Lodge, you're driven a short distance to Denali National Park to start your 3-hour walking tour. Walking with an experienced local naturalist is a great way to see the complicated connections of plants, animals, and people within the splendor of true wilderness in Alaska. The average pace is about one mile per hour with frequent stops, and though this tour is not meant to be a workout, it is three consecutive hours of walking on sometimes unimproved trails, so bring your sturdy hiking boots!
You may hit trails both inside and outside the park, depending on where the best walking can be found. You'll make plenty of rest stops to drink water, take in the scenery, chat with your group and even pickup berries if they're in season. Your guide will explain the surrounding geology, botany, and history, helping travelers understand and connect with the natural landscape. Learn how the boreal forest in the lower elevations gives way to specialized sub arctic ecosystems like taiga and tundra. The permafrost areas and mountains are home to plants and animals highly adapted to the harsh elements.
At the end of your hike, you'll be taken back to Denali.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Trails are best described as moderate, with tree roots, hills, and mud in places. Bring your outdoor gear including sturdy walking shoes, water, jacket and rain gear. Some basic gear is available, including rain gear, overboots, trekking poles and water.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.