- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Visit Alaska's largest road accessible glacier on this wonderful full day tour.
Glacier Park Entrance Fee Included.
- Round Trip Private Transportation from Anchorage
- Hotel Pickup
- Services of Professional Local Guide
- Glacier Travel Equipment-Ice Cleats, Safety Helmets
- Warm Winter Clothing and Boots
Traveler pickup is offered
The Matanuska Glacier is one of Alaska's premiere destinations. At 27 miles long and 4 miles wide it is Alaska's largest glacier accessible by road. It also is boasts one of the most accessible areas to walk on of any glacier in Alaska. Marvel at ice that formed 10,000 years ago high in the Chugach Mountains above or just take in the magnificent view and enjoy a great lunch at the Long Rifle Lodge. Your day will start with a magnificent scenic drive along the Glenn Highway with stunning mountain vistas and plenty of time for photo stops. We will then have lunch at a local eatery with stunning views of the glacier. Next we will drive to the toe of the glacier to dawn our ice cleats and helmets to and begin exploring the glacier by foot. Each day is unique due to the dynamic nature of the glacier. We generally spend two hours and walk three miles on the ice. Each tour will be customized to suit your groups interest. This is a once in a lifetime bucket list opportunity to explore glacial ice!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- What to Bring:
- Warm Layered Clothing
- Camera or Cell Phone Camera
- Warm Hat and Gloves
- We require that participants wear sturdy, stiff-soled footwear while on this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.