- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
For a unique Alaskan adventure, take a guided hike along the ancient Matanuska Glacier, the largest glacier in Alaska accessible by car! Explore blue melt-water pools, impressive ice formations and deep crevasses, and learn about this astounding natural wonder from your expert guide. Tucked in the beautiful Matanuska-Susitna Valley, this breathtaking area is shaped by three mountain ranges – the Alaska Range, the Talkeetna Mountains and the Chugach Mountains – so you’ll be treated to unforgettable vistas during your moderate 2-hour hike, with all gear and safety equipment included. End with a relaxing Alaskan lunch overlooking the glacier.
- Select hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local Certified guide
- All necessary safety equipment
- Entry/Admission - Matanuska Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Long Rifle Lodge
- Winter clothing and boots (please inquire in advance for assistance)
Salmon Berry Travel & Tours, 515 W 4th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure time is 9 am, hotel pickups will commence beginning at 8 am.
Returns to original departure point
Drive north to the Matanuska Glacier -- a frozen 27 mile long river of ancient ice. Thousands of years old, this massive glacier is tucked up into the head of the Matanuska Valley. You will spend approximately 2 hours trekking with our glacier guide by your side, learning how the Matanuska Glacier was born and how it shaped the landscape in the Matanuska Susitna Valley. Explore blue meltwater pools and awesome ice formations.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately - during winter months, you will not be allowed onto the glacier without proper winter clothing (October through April - it will be COLD)
- A moderate amount of walking is involved - approximately 2 miles of uneven and slippery terrain. Sturdy footwear is required, and an extra pair of socks is recommended.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Due to safety, the minimum age is 8 EIGHT years old
- Level of difficulty is moderate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.