- 8 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
This 8.5-hour excursion is ideal for the traveler who is looking to discover all of what Prince William Sound has to offer – amazing glaciers and exciting wildlife. On this tour you will visit the face of Meares Glacier and have ample time to spend with the wildlife seen along the journey. Often spotted are seals, sea otters, sea lions, puffins, eagles, whales, porpoise and more!
- Fully narrated tour
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Lunch: A lunch is served around 12:00 PM
- Snacks: A light soup snack is served around 5:30 PM
- Light refreshments: Complimentary coffee, tea and water served all day.
- Food and drinks: A cash based snack bar with snacks and sodas is on board.
Stan Stephens Glacier & Wildlife Cruises Office
Tour Dock, Valdez Small Boat Harbor
Daily: with some exceptions for blocked out operation dates.
Cruise the majestic waters of Prince William Sound from Valdez to Meares Glacier. In route our local captains will travel the shorelines looking for the wildlife that call the Sound home. This tour has the time to travel the locations where we typically spot sea otters, harbor seals, sea lions, Humpback or Orca Whales, porpoise, eagles, puffins, cormorants and more. Meares Glacier, an advancing tidewater glacier, is nestled in the back of a narrow fjord, providing you the opportunity to view the face of this glacier in conditions that allow you to hear the thundering roar as the ice calves (falls) from the glacier face. On board your all-Alaskan captain and crew will share with you stories about the history of the Sound from early explorers, gold and copper mining, oil shipping, commercial fishing and the 1964 Earthquake.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A vegetarian option is available, however travelers with special dietary needs or restrictions are encouraged to bring their own meals/snacks.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.