- 3 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
If you’re thinking, “Zipline tour? Been there, done that,” maybe you just need to up the ante. This thrilling zipline tour in Tongass National Forest will have you flying through an Alaskan rainforest canopy at heights up to 135 feet (41 meters) above ground. Across 6,000 feet (1,830 meters) of dual-line cables and three hanging bridges, you’ll have unique vantage points to look for bears feeding on salmon and watch bald eagles soar through the sky. This exciting experience from Ketchikan is limited to nine people per group so you can enjoy personalized attention from your guides.
- All necessary equipment
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cape Fox Lodge or The Landing
- Snack and beverage at the end of the course
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
4085 Tongass Ave, Ketchikan, AK 99901, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Returns to original departure point
After pickup in Ketchikan, head to the zipline course at Herring Cove, an 8-mile (13-km) drive from town along a scenic coastal road. When you arrive, hop in a 4x4 all-terrain Mercedes Unimog for the ride up a steep rainforest hill to the canopy chalet.
As your experienced and well-trained guides fit you with state-of-the-art equipment, including a harness, helmet and gloves, listen to zipline instructions and safety tips. Then climb up to the first platform and start your adventure.
Zoom through the air across eight dual-cable ziplines, looking down on the dense canopy of spruce, hemlock and cedar trees that make up Tongass National Forest. Between the starting zipline of just 100 feet (30 meters) to the heart-pounding 850-foot (260-meter) ‘Ben’s Revenge’ line, you’ll fly over salmon-spawning streams and tidal estuaries, and have the chance to spot native wildlife like bald eagles and black bears.
In addition to the eight ziplines, the course includes three suspension bridges and a nature trail so you can maximize your opportunities to see wildlife and natural features like Eagle Creek Falls. Your guides are present on all the platforms to help you take off and land safely at each one.
The final zipline brings you out of the rainforest and over a grassy wetland, where you’ll land at a 55-foot (17-meter) viewing tower. Admire your lush surroundings, and then finish your zipline adventure by rappelling to the ground. Take time to look at your photos in the general store and pick up a few souvenirs to remember your experience before returning back to downtown Ketchikan.
Please note: Previous ziplining experience is not required, but be aware that this zipline course is designed for those who have done it in the past and/or are looking for a more challenging and exciting experience.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Weight limits: 90 to 250 lbs (40 to 113 kg); height requirement: 60 inches (153 cm)
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Full use of limbs is required; guests with injuries or seizure disorders are not allowed
- Closed-toe shoes required; long pants and layered clothing recommended
- Video cameras and GoPro cameras are not allowed on the course
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.