- 210 to 240 minutes (Approx.)
Experience the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness on this 3.5-4 hour adventure to the Mendenhall Glacier. Canoe across Mendenhall Lake to be face to face with the most visited glacier in North America. This adventure starts off at the cruise ship docks as an expert guide will transfer the guaranteed, small group on a narrated 30 minute journey to the West Glacier boat launch in the Tongass National Forest. Guests gear up in top quality waterproof gear and after a quick paddle lesson, will launch the canoe onto the Mendenhall Lake to start the journey. Surrounded by steep cliffs filled with Arctic terns, mountain goats, porcupines, and other wildlife; enjoy the serenity of this adventure deep into Alaska. Feel the cool brisk air coming off the glacier as the guide safely navigates the canoe to the best viewpoints of the blue crevasses and seracs on the toe of the Mendenhall Glacier. Be one of the few to step away from the crowds and get face to face with glacier.
- Roundtrip transportation from the cruise ship docks in downtown Juneau
- Expert Wilderness Guide
- Bottled water, snacks, and hot beverage
- Rain Jacket
- Rain Pants
- Life Vest
- Rain Boots
- Paddling Gloves
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Mendenhall Glacier
- Entry/Admission - Tongass National Forest
- Gratuities for your guides
- Photos (feel free to bring a camera)
- Sunglasses and extra warm layers (rain gear is provided, but bringing your own beanie, wool socks, and layers is recommended)
Mount Roberts Tramway
Tour departs within walking distance of the cruise port
Returns to original departure point
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Liquid Alaska Tours, Juneau, Alaska
Liquid Alaska Tours pick up guests at the cruise ship docks and their experience starts right there. This is a 4 hour all inclusive tour, including 2 hours paddling around the Mendenhall Lake to see the Mendenhall Glacier and experience the wild of Alaska in the Tongass National Forest, the largest National Forest in the United States.
Stop At: Mendenhall Glacier, Juneau, Alaska
Guests will get up close and personal with the Mendenhall Glacier as they canoe up to the face of the glacier and experience it from a canoe on Mendenhall Lake.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tongass National Forest, Juneau, Alaska
Our entire tour takes place in Tongass National Forest. We bring guests out to the Mendenhall Glacier Recreation Area to the West Side Glacier Parking area. This is where our tour gears up, goes over safety and paddling instructions and starts our paddle to the Mendenhall Glacier- all located in the Tongass National Forest.
Duration: 4 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age 12 years old
- Minimum weight: 90lbs
- Maximum wight: 240lbs
- Not recommended for guests with back or hip problems
- Pregnant guests will not be allowed on this tour
- Full use of limbs for up to 2.5 hours canoe paddling
- Signed liability waiver
- Views of particular glacier features are not guaranteed
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: THIS TOUR IS CANOE ONLY AND DOES NOT INCLUDE HIKING ON A GLACIER.
- For a glacier experience, please view our MENDENHALL GLACIER ICE ADVENTURE TOUR.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.