- 7 to 9 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
❖ Ride the Glacier Discovery Train
❖ Visit the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
❖ Float by Icebergs on Spencer Glacier Lake & 7 River Miles Down the Placer River Valley on the Most Scenic River Trip in Alaska
You won’t see more on a day on the AK Railroad than on this trip. Many of our guests tell us it is their best day in Alaska.
- Lunch is included. Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or requests ahead of time.
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
Guests originating from Anchorage need to get to the Anchorage Train Station to start this tour.
HOW TO FIND ANCHORAGE TRAIN STATION:
411 West 1st Avenue
Anchorage, AK 99501
(800)544-0552 (Outside of Anchorage, USA only)
We will pick up guests in Girdwood at the Hotel Alyeska or other Girdwood Accommodation.
9:45am from Anchorage Downtown Historic Train Station or 11am from Girdwood and the Hotel Alyeska
Return to Original Destination.
Anchorage to the Anchorage Downtown Train Station by Motorcoach Bus.
Girdwood by Chugach Adventures' Shuttle Van.
Bears, Trains, & Icebergs Itinerary:
9:45 AM – Glacier Discovery TRAIN Departs Anchorage
11:00 AM Train Departs Girdwood for Girdwood Passengers
11:30 AM Disembark Glacier Discovery Train at Portage 1st Stop for BEARS & A Visit to the AK Wildlife Conservation Center.
11:30 – 1:00 PM Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Visit (AWCC)- Alaska’s Premier Wildlife Sanctuary for injured and orphaned big game Alaska animals. Guaranteed Wildlife viewing and a guided interpretive tour of the center.
1:00 PM Catered Sack Lunch Provided, Return to Portage Station & Original Train Seats.
1:25 PM Train Departs Portage 2nd Stop for Spencer Glacier Whistle Stop
1:45 PM Train Arrives Spencer Glacier Whistle Stop
2- 4:45 PM Spencer Iceberg & Placer River Float – 2 Hours on the Water. View picturesque icebergs at Spencer Glacier Lake on the Hallmark River Float that put Spencer Glacier on the Map and got the AK Railroad to bring the Glacier Discovery Train to Spencer Glacier.
5-5:15 PM Return Via Train to Portage Station
5:30 PM Anchorage & Girdwood Guests Board Motorcoach Bus for Quicker Transportation back to original boarding location of Anchorage or Girdwood.
5:45 PM Motorcoach Arrives Girdwood
6:45 PM Motorcoach Arrives Anchorage
• Perfect Float for ALL AGES. We have had guests as young as 1 and wise guests into their 90’s on this trip.
• Lunch is provided. Please let us know of any dietary requests ahead of time.
• We provide rubber boots, rain poncho (If it is a rainy day), & Personal Flotation Device (life vest).
• Bring warm clothes & layers, extra socks, a hat & gloves. These are more important in August & September, but nice to have in June & July with AK’s unpredictable weather.
• Most guests bring their cameras, we can’t guarantee that they won’t get wet, but you should get great photos.
• Placer River Float is a Class I to II (With High Water), mellow braided river, no big rapids. Most guests will not get splashed with water. If you are concerned about getting splashed request a spot in the raft that is NOT “splashy” when speaking to your guide.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.