- 14 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
On this full-day trip from Fairbanks, you'll acquire plenty of bragging rights for friends back home as you cross the Arctic Circle and (hopefully) see the Northern Lights. Take in the landscape of Alaska's unspoiled wilderness while enjoying comfortable transport and narration from a guide. A light meal and hotel transport are included.
- Small-group tour
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Snacks and Beverages included
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Sandwich and sweets
- Hot drink
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (at most hotels)
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point
November 1, 2015-January 31, 2016: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
Feburary 1, 2016-April 10, 2016: Daily with a reservation
After pickup from your Fairbanks hotel, your day trip begins as you head to the Arctic Circle, where explorers have been venturing for centuries, drawn by the power of planet Earth. Stop to take pictures and receive a 'Cross the Circle!' certificate when you get there.
Continue past the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, one of the world's largest pipelines, stretching more than 800 miles (1,287 km) across Alaska. Learn about the incredible engineering of this crude oil pipeline and the building process of this epic land-crawling beast, and judge for yourself its impact on the landscape around it.
Next, head to the mighty Yukon River to take a walk along the riverbank and gaze at the scenic landscape. Then it's up to the high plateau of Finger Mountain, where you have a chance to see wildlife such as moose, foxes, bears, and perhaps even a mysterious lynx, if you're lucky. Up on the mountain, enjoy some sandwiches, sweets, and hot drinks.
Then travel back toward Fairbanks at night, hoping for a sighting of Aurora Borealis, aka the Northern Lights. This natural phenomenon is caused by the collision of energetic charged particles with atoms high in the atmosphere, the result of which is an otherworldly display of light.
Your tour ends when you arrive back in Fairbanks at dawn.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 9 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please dress for varying weather conditions
- Please note the Aurora is a natural occurrence. We can NEVER guarantee that guests will see the Aurora.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.