- 3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
A real adventure! Raft 11 miles of Class III/IV whitewater down the Nenana Gorge. Guide controls the raft with oars. All you have to do is hang on and enjoy the ride. Suitable for kids 10 years and older. 3-4 hours start to finish. We provide all the special gear needed (PFD, drysuit, river shoes). We go rain or shine. Trip typically runs 3-4 hours with 3 different time options.
- Professional River Guide
- All necessary safety equipment - Dry Suits for everyone, Personal Floatation Device (PFD), & river booties.
- Photos and Video are available for purchase after the trip. (optional)
We are super easy to find – we are on the northeast side of the bridge at Milepost 238, Parks Highway. Plenty of parking. If you are arriving by train or motorcoach, we will contact you to arrange a meeting place and time.
Nenana Raft Adventures is located at beautiful Denali National Park, Alaska. Flowing north through the heart of the Alaska Range, the Nenana River is the most popular whitewater river in Alaska. Enjoy this ADVENTUROUS raft trip suitable for even families with older children (+10 years old). Mankind has yet to come up with a more comfortable or less strenuous method of low impact wilderness travel.
It's a real adventure! 11 miles of Class III/IV whitewater down the Nenana Gorge. Guide controls the raft with oars. All you have to do is hang on and enjoy the ride. 3-4 hours start to finish. We provide all the special gear needed (PFD, drysuit, river shoes). We go rain or shine.
• Class III and IV whitewater
• Guide controls the boat with oars. You don't have to do any of the work!
• Families Friendly - Suitable for families with older kids (+10 years old).
• Tour Time Options: 8 am, 2 pm, and 6 pm check-in times
• Tour lasts about 3-4 hours start to finish
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Minimum age of 10 years old
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Everyone must sign a participant agreement, release, and acknowledgement of risk form. This is available on our website at: http://raftdenali.com/safety.html
- What to Wear:
- You should dress for the weather. Remember to wear long pants, long sleeves, at least 2 layers on the top, and socks.
- Bring an extra pair of socks with you when you check in. When you take off your shoes to get dressed into your drysuit, you can put the extra pair of socks into your shoes, which will meet you at the end of the trip.
- Remember, also, that everything you wear will go inside the drysuit, so it’s best not to wear a top layer that has a hood because hoods can be uncomfortable inside the drysuit. If it’s chilly, you may want to bring a hat. We launch our trips rain or shine; in fact, there’s nothing better to do at the Park when it’s raining than go rafting.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Great trip. The group of guides were great, funny, and interactive but making sure we all understood the safety brief. There were kids to people who had not even come close to this type of activity before and they were patient and made sure all were going to have a good time. Our guide Pat was professional and engaging and insured we hit all the right spots on the river. A good trip after a long day of sitting on a bus. They have a great bus driver who has his way about story telling. Worth the time and money.