- 3 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Be the captain of your own Zodiac boat on this Alaskan wilderness adventure from Ketchikan! Follow your guide along gorgeous bays, past lush islands, and deep into inlets, keeping an eye out for wildlife such as whales, eagles and bears along the way. Stop by a beach for a warm snack and take home an Alaskan boatman certificate to commemorate your amazing experience.
This small-group tour is limited to four people, ensuring you’ll received personalized attention from your guide.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Snacks and drinks
- All necessary equipement and apparel
- Food and drinks, unless specified
"The Rain Gauge" on Dock 2 of the Port of Ketchikan
Returns to original departure point
You'll be picked up from your Ketchikan hotel at your selected departure time and taken to the launch site for a safety orientation session from your experienced guide. When you’re ready, hop in your 14-foot (4-meter) Zodiac boat with your group of up to four people, and follow your guide on an Alaskan wilderness adventure.
You’ll spend 1.5 hours cruising along secluded bays, past lush rainforest islands, and deep into inlets. During your exhilarating ride, keep an eye out for wildlife including whales, seals, eagles, sea lions and bears along the shore. Your boat is fully equipped with console steering and seating for up to four people, and can reach speeds of up to 29 mph (47 kph)!
Make your way to a beach for a rest break and some delicious hot cocoa, tea and cookies. Take time here to soak in views of the beautiful landscape.
On your return trip, hand the helm over to your fellow boatman for your turn to sit back, relax and enjoy the views. Pass rocky islands where humpback whales and orca frequently surface, and venture deep into bays and inlets where salmon-filled streams attract black bears.
You’ll receive an Alaskan boatman certificate at the end of your tour to commemorate this amazing wilderness experience!
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Minimum age is 8 years
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking. Maximum weight per person is 350 lbs (159 kg).
- Boots, socks, gloves, skiff suit, waterproof bags and a life jacket are provided
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.