- 4 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Skip the celebrity chefs and head straight to the source of authentic Indian cooking secrets on your very own private Delhi tour that delves into the heartland of Indian cuisine — a local's home!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Private transportation
- All-vegetarian meal
- Local snacks
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for drivers or guide
Hotel Jivitesh, # 11, Pusa Rd, opposite Metro Pillar Number 87, Block 17 A, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India
Returns to original departure point
India is known for its amazing food, and we know just where you can find the most authentic culinary experience in Delhi: at home with a local.
Our 'home cooked' private Delhi food tour is less tour and more unique local experience, and is hands down one of the most authentic things to do in Delhi. It's not just a meal, but a dining experience in a family home, where you'll learn about local culture, taste incredible food, and make new friends.
Meet your guide, take private transportation and make your way to your host's house. Your local guide will give you the lowdown on what to expect for the evening, before we're welcomed into our host's home.
As dinner is being prepared, your local guide will provide information on the lifestyles of Indians, the traditions of home life, the importance of family in Indian culture, arranged marriages — and of course, the food! You'll dine on a traditional Indian home-cooked meal, which will be predominantly vegetarian and sure to tantalise your tastebuds like no other.
Your hosts and local guide will be more than happy to provide as much information as we desire on the dishes provided, their ingredients, and how best to eat them — something you wont find on other Delhi tours. You can choose to do it Indian style and eat with your hands, but utensils are available if you'd like.
After saying thank you and goodbye to our hosts, our driver shall drop you back to your hotel within Delhi.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- Additional Information: Please note that out of respect for our hosts, alcohol will not be served with dinner and should not be taken to the host's place of residence.
- Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.