- 3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Much loved, oft-quoted, sorely missed, inspirational Gandhi was possibly India's most influential (not to mention inspiring) figure. This private Delhi tour honours the great man, his work, his words, and enduring legacy.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Private transportation
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for drivers or guide
Hotel Jivitesh, # 11, Pusa Rd, opposite Metro Pillar Number 87, Block 17 A, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India
Returns to original departure point
When people think of India, there's a good chance that Gandhi is one of the first things that comes to mind. If you want to learn more about the life and time of Indian legend Mahatma Gandhi, then why not take a private tour and discover his life alongside a local guide? Experience Delhi from a local perspective with rides on public transport to visit all the historical monuments associated with Mahatma Ghandi.
Mahatma Gandhi was born in 1869 in Porbander, western India, and was assassinated on January 30th, 1948. His legacy of non-violent protest lives on in spirit today as a major influence on Indian society and the international community. He pioneered the philosophy of "satyagraha", based on truth and resistance to injustice through non-violent resistance. In India he is officially regarded as the Father of the Nation. His birthday, October 2nd, is commemorated as a national holiday, and is a spiritual experience and one of those iconic things to do in Delhi.
Your private Delhi city tour gets you up close and personal with important national stories about Gandhi, his life, and his actions that shaped a nation. You will follow in his footsteps, discover Gandhi's Delhi and be inspired. Your local guide will take you around various famous sights associated with the life and times of Mahatma Gandhi, learning more about his message of truth, non-violence, and peace.
The final stop on your historical tour of Delhi will be the National Gandhi Museum where you'll have plenty of time to explore an amazing array of information, documents, and relics from his life, philosophy, and work.
At the end of your Delhi tour, our driver shall drop you back to the starting point.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above.Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.