- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
On this four-hour private tour of Delhi, your local guide will take you to some of the city’s most famous sites. Start with a visit to the Yogmaya and Chhatarpur Temples and learn about their history. Next visit Mehrauli Archaeological Park. Gain an understanding of early-Afghan architecture during a stop at the World Heritage Site of Qutub Minar before returning to your hotel.
• Hear the tale of the Hindu epic, Mahabharata on a visit to the Yogmaya Temple
• Marvel at the Hindu and Islamic elements of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Qutub Minar
• Walk through the Mehrauli Archaeological Park to see various monuments from the 13th to the 19th century
• See the second-largest temple complex in India, the Chhatarpur Temple
• Choice of two different departure times to suit your schedule
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Traditional Indian lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your hotel in the city of Delhi
09:00 a.m. or 02:00 p.m.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Same as departure location
You will be picked up from your hotel in Delhi according to the time slot selected by you.
Start your tour at Yogmaya Temple, where your local guide will greet you upon arrival. Walk around the grounds of this impressive Hindu temple, which is believed to be one of the only five remaining temples from the Mahabharata period. Enter the impressive interior and listen in as your guide describes Phool Walon Ki Sair — a colorful festival that takes place here each year — and learn more about the Goddess Yogmaya.
After that visit Qutub Minar, a soaring, 238-foot high stone tower, which was built by Qutb-Ud-Din Aibak in the twelfth century. This is the tallest brick minaret in the world. At its base is the Quwwat-Ul Islam Mosque, the first mosque to be built in India. A twenty-three feet high iron pillar, which was built in the fourth century, stands in the courtyard of the mosque.
From Qutub Minar take a short 15-minute walk to the nearby Mehrauli Archaeological Park. Your guided walk through the historical monuments and crumbling ruins will provide a unique look at the city’s past. Your guide will explain the significance of the Tomb of Ghiyasuddin Balban, as well as several other key attractions in the park.
Finally leave for Chhatarpur Temple. Covering an area of approximately 60 acres, this complex is the second largest temple complex in India. Learn about the South Indian architectural influences that are evident in the marble façade and explore the shrines with your guide who will explain the significance of deities like Mahagauri as you walk.
Enjoy a traditional Indian meal (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
At the end of your tour you will be escorted back to your hotel in your air conditioned vehicle.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age for the tour is 12 years.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are highly recommended
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.