- 2 hours (Approx.)
- Mobile ticket
Indulge your inner artist and learn this delicate art with Shipra.
- Personal calligraphic artwork
- Tools and supplies
- Coffee and snacks
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Pickup and drop
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
Hauz Khas Village, Deer Park, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, Delhi 110016, India
Shipra Rohatgi DuttaHi all, I am a fourth-generation calligrapher and did my first assignment at the age of eight, way back in 1985. The beauty and perfection of the ‘dancing form’ of the letters drew me into it, and it continues to amaze me. Born and brought up in Delhi, I am still exploring the city full of history and action. My great-grandfather was the accountant at the last Mughal emperor - Bahadur Shah Zafar’s court. My grandfather and father followed his footsteps, while simultaneously pursuing their passion towards art. Calligraphy latched on to me and is in my blood and psyche now. Join me as I take you on an exciting journey exploring the ‘art of words’. I can speak and write in Hindi and English; speak Punjabi and also write in seven regional languages of India.
DetailsBe a part of this unique session on ‘the written word’ with calligrapher Shipra Rohatgi Dutta. She will share the expertise which she has inherited from her great-grandfather who was an accountant at Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar’s court, chosen for the post for his beautiful handwriting! Learn how to render a couplet, try your hand at the emperor's Hindi poetry written artistically. Used for meditation in the Orient, this art-form brings you peace and focus, as you create beautiful experiences with a simple thought. And yes, the charm of a hand-written note is unparalleled! The session will be held at Shipra’s studio in Hauz Khas Village, a historic place in itself, and overlooks the main monument in the area, making for an enchanting view. Learn the art of calligraphy in just two hours with her guidance. The challenge is to bring it out with practice, even after the session.
ip: Carry your writing/drawing pad along with your favourite art tools for easy writing!
• A Viator/TripAdvisor booking confirmation sent at the time of confirmation is not the official ticket.
• You will receive a separate redemption voucher/code.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A Viator/TripAdvisor booking confirmation sent at the time of confirmation is not the official ticket.
- You will receive a separate redemption voucher/code
- Please cooperate with the host to maintain time and decorum.
- Valid ID proof is mandatory.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed in the premises.
- Smoking within the premises is not permitted.
- Additional materials can be provided at extra cost.
- Meeting point: Shipra’s Studio, Hauz Khas Village at 9:00 A.M.
- The voucher includes contact details of the organiser. Please re-confirm the meeting point and time with them.
- Show the e-voucher to avail the activity, no print-outs required.
- In the event of any unforeseen circumstances, the organiser reserves the right to reschedule or cancel the activity. Full refund will be provided in such cases.
- The classes are especially designed to teach even novices about the art of letters. Everyone gets to participate and learn.
- There is no separate child tariff. Same charges are applicable for adults and children.
- Restrooms are available at the location.
- Public parking space is available near the meeting point.
- Guests can take their artworks home.
- Photography is allowed. However, we suggest clicking pictures only of your work, once the workshop is complete, to avoid disturbance.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 3 travelers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.