- 11 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
This is a private full-day group tour to Agra from Delhi. You will travel in a comfortable 12 seater air-conditioned coach where you will get a chance to interact with fellow travelers. In Agra visit the famous Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Also visit the 16th century Agra Fort. Built in red sandstone, the fort is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to Delhi in the evening.
• Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
• Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Same day return to Delhi
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your hotel in the city of Delhi
Same as departure location
You will be picked up from your hotel early in the morning for the four hour drive to Agra that is situated at a distance of 145 miles from Delhi. Enjoy the views of the countryside as you drive past fields, villages and towns.
Upon arrival in Agra meet your guide and start with a tour of the famous Taj Mahal. It is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is regarded as one of the best examples of Mughal architecture and a symbol of the rich cultural heritage of India. It was built by the Mughal Emperor Shahjahan in memory of his beloved wife, Mumtaz Mahal, who died while giving birth to their 14th child. Made of white marble the delicate lattice work of the windows is a sight to behold. It took 22,000 artisans from all over the world to complete this monument. Following his death, Shahjahan was also laid to rest in this mausoleum.
After the visit to the Taj, take a pause for lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
After lunch, drive to the historical Agra Fort. Built by Emperor Akbar, the fort was the primary seat of the Mughal Emperors till 1638 when the capital was shifted from Agra to Delhi. The fort has several memorable pieces of architecture - the Jahangiri Mahal (Jahangir’s Palace), the Khas Mahal, Diwan-i-Aam (Hall of Public Audience), Diwan-i-Khas (Hall of Private Audience), Musamman Burj (Octagonal Tower) and Sheesh Mahal (Palace of Mirrors).
At the end of the tour you will be driven back to Delhi and dropped off at your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- This tour is not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- The sites are not accessible to wheelchairs.
- Taj Mahal remains closed on Fridays.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.