- 8 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Like Athens and Rome, Delhi is one of the few cities in the world where ancient monuments coexist with modern day city structures. On this tour, explore Old and New Delhi and see how the two blend into one large cosmopolitan city. Cycle through the narrow lanes of Old Delhi and drive past the magnificent buildings and tree lined boulevards of Lutyens’ Delhi, all in one day.
• Bicycle ride through the narrow lanes of Old Delhi
• Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Humayun’s Tomb and Qutub Minar - UNESCO World Heritage sites
• India Gate
• Presidential Palace
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Breakfast (beverage excluded)
- Local English speaking guide
- Bicycle and helmet
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Your hotel in the city of Delhi.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Same as departure location.
You will be picked up from your hotel and driven to the starting point of the cycling tour in Old Delhi.
Explore the streets of this part of the city which was built by the Mughal Emperor Shahjahan in the 17th century. Ride past the Red Fort, a magnificent fort made of red sandstone that stands at the edge of Old Delhi. A UNESCO World Heritage site, it marks the end of the Mughal era in India. Next go past Jama Masjid, the largest mosque of India that can accommodate over 25 000 worshippers in its large courtyard. Then step back in time as you cycle through the streets of Chandni Chowk, the oldest market of Delhi. Notice the old houses on either side of the streets with their narrow staircases and small windows. End the tour with a traditional North Indian breakfast (beverage excluded).
For the second part of the adventure, get into your car and drive over to New Delhi. Visit the splendid War Memorial at India Gate and drive up Rajpath, the Champs Elysees of India. Catch a glimpse of the stately Presidential Palace with its sprawling gardens. It is one of the largest residences of a Head of State in the world. Drive past Humayun’s Tomb, another UNESCO World Heritage site. Then travel to the southern outskirts of Delhi to the historical Mehrauli Archaeological site and take a look at the 240 feet high Qutub Minar. Built in the 12th century, it is the tallest brick minaret in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
At the end of the tour, enjoy lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Minimum age for the tour is 18 years and maximum age is 60 years.
- Tour is designed for those who are comfortable riding a bike. It is not recommended if you are unfamiliar with biking.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Please advise any specific food allergies at time of booking.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- While fruit, vegetable and flower stands will be open, most other shops in the Delhi markets do not open until later in the morning. Shopping at the markets is not part of this tour.
- Chandni Chowk remains closed on Sundays while Red Fort remains closed on Mondays.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.