- 3 to 5 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Gamelan is the traditional ensemble music of Java and Bali in Indonesia, made up predominantly of percussive instruments. The most common instruments used are metallophones played by mallets and a set of hand-played drums called kendhang which register the beat. Other instruments include xylophones, bamboo flutes, a bowed instrument called a rebab, and even vocalists called sindhen.
Although the popularity of gamelan has declined since the introduction of pop music, gamelan is still commonly played on formal occasions and in many traditional Indonesian ceremonies. For most Indonesians, gamelan is an integral part of Indonesian culture.
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Gamelan Instruments
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Alcoholic Beverages
- WiFi on board
- Personal Needs
- Personal Expenses
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up anywhere inside Jogja, Solo, and Klaten
Jogja Airport, Solo Airport, Jogja Train Station, Solo Train Station, Klaten Train Station, Jogja Bus Station, Solo Bus Station, Klaten Bus Station
Travelers will do the activity at Pentingsari Village or Jarum Village
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.