- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
Peddling through traditional villages and around serene ancient temples; this is today’s cultural immersion adventure on bikes. Rendez-vous with your local guide near Prambanan temple, then set off on bikes, passing through small paths in the village where you can meet local people going about their daily activities. Stop in the rice fields, market and home industry to interact with local people, get to know more about their lives through some light conversation. Plaosan temple is a Buddhist monument located about 1 kilometre northwest of the Hindu Prambanan temple. It features hundreds of small buildings, including numerous stupas and shrines.
• UNESCO - Intangible World Heritage
• Dedicated guide with good knowledge in art, history and culture
• Get in touch with local people
• Sporting activity whilst sightseeing
- Return transfer from/to hotel using a mini van (joined transfer)
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Prevailing government tax & service charge
- Bike rent
- Alcoholic beverages, tipping for driver/guide
Near the Prambanan Temple
Near the Prambanan Temple
English speaking Guide : Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday
German speaking Guide : Sunday, Monday and Friday
French speaking Guide : Wednesday only
Dutch speaking Guide : Monday only
Meet near the magnificent and ancient Prambanan temple, where both your local guide and your bike will be waiting to greet you and start the day. From here, embark on a cycling trip through the many idyllic villages, rice fields and temples of the local area, whilst enjoying the fresh air and the sun on your face. On the road you will have plenty of opportunities to pause, admire and explore in the rice fields, where locals go about their daily lives in a landscape that has remained unchanged for centuries. One of the many traditional industries of the area is the production of “tempe” in a rustic home industry that has endured for generations (tempe is a traditional soybean cake made by a process of fermentation). You will also get to see and explore an authentic local market and visit an “emping” home industry (emping are snack crackers made of melinjo nuts) .
You will finish the bike trip around lunchtime. (lunch not included)
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation is based upon availabilites
- Children (4 – 11 years old) must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.