- 6 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
An introduction to a practical understanding of what is known as the “Kejawen” worldview and philosophy. Kejawen is not strictly a religious affiliation, but more a set of ethical and spiritual values coming from Javanese tradition, based on an understanding of what it means to be a human being and how to interact with nature and the wider universe in a wise manner. We will take you travelling from one site to another, with different activities prepared at each site, such as meditation, purification in a natural hot spring, and pilgrimage. In addition to an expert in Javanese wisdom, you will be accompanied by a local Shaman who will guide you through the authentic rituals, giving you an immersive experience of these ancient cultural practices, unique to the island of Java.
• Get in touch with local people
• Learn from an expert on Javanese culture
• Visit some unusual destinations, off the beaten track
- Return transfer from/to hotel using a mini van (joined transfer)
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Fee for the Belgian expert in Javanese Wisdom
- Prevailing government tax & service charge
- Alcoholic beverages, tipping for driver/guide
Your hotel in Yogyakarta
Your hotel in Yogyakarta
English speaking Guide : Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday
German speaking Guide : Sunday, Monday and Friday
French speaking Guide : Wednesday only
Dutch speaking Guide : Monday only
Pick up at your hotel after lunch time, around 13:00. First trip is heading directly to Imogiri, a royal graveyard built up on a hill in the south of Jogjakarta between 1632-1640. This site is a significant place of pilgrimage for Javanese people, particularly on significant dates in the Javanese calender, such as Satu Suro, which is the Javanese New Year’s Day. You will be dressed up in traditional Javanese style.
Afterwards, continue to the next experience, which be held around the famous beach in the south of Jogjakarta; Parangtritis. The first step will be purification by taking a bath in a holy wellspring, followed by a short walk to the beach at sunset to engage in blissful meditation with our experts. Back to your hotel.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation is based upon availabilites
- Children (4 – 11 years old) must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.