- 4 hours (Approx.)
- Hotel pickup offered
- Mobile ticket
If there is one marvel of the ancient world that demands a visit, it is the Borobudur. Situated outside Yogyakarta, the world’s largest Buddhist monument makes every single visitor feel blessed of being able to wander on and around its huge stone base.
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Share pickup and drop-off at hotels in central Yogyakarta
- Private half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Borobudur Temple
- Entry/Admission - Candi Mendut (Temple)
- Harbor entrance fee if applicable
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
Centrally located Yogyakarta hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Centrally located Yogyakarta hotels
The Borobudur: Buddhist magnificence nearby the gateway of East Java (Yogyakarta) has long been hidden from the public eye. Where culture, food and authentic Indonesian experiences are found around every corner in Yogyakarta, this religious site really puts other temples with Buddhism into oblivion – yes, we are talking about the world’s biggest monument of its kind. Looming out of a patchwork of bottle-green paddies and swaying palm tops, this colossal Buddhist relic is one of the continent’s marvels. After the decline of Buddhism and the shift of power to East Java, the monument was abandoned soon after its completion. For centuries the complex laid forgotten, buried under layers of volcanic ash. It is an almost must-do and when you only have half a day to spare, this Borobudur experience will certainly leave you awe-struck.
We will pick you up from your hotel in Yogyakarta; your English speaking guide and dedicated driver will meet you either in the morning or in the afternoon for bringing you to one of Indonesia’s most impressive monuments. Constructed around 800 AD, the Borobudur is located approximately 40 kilometres northwest of your overnight city. En route, your guide will provide you with ample information about Indonesia and what soon appears from behind the horizon. The contours of this inscribed by UNESCO in 1982- marvel of the ancient world once was the centre point of Buddhism in the region. After the decline of Buddhism and the shift of power to East Java, the monument was abandoned soon after its completion. For centuries the complex laid forgotten, buried under layers of volcanic ash. It goes beyond saying that climbing up the Borobudur with magnificent views over the Menoreh Mountains are a given, where you get an up-and-close insight of the 2,600 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues; all this aside from the central dome which is surrounded by 72 Buddha statues. Whether you come early in the morning or at sunset, the Borobudur is a testimony of superb craftsmanship in the heart of Java.
Before heading back to Yogyakarta, we include visits to two nearby temples – the Pawon and the Mendut Temple. According to the records after major restauration took place, archaeologists found a correlation between these two local temples and the Borobudur as they are constructed in a straight line. However, further research remains inconclusive of the actual connecting between these three relics of the ancient world.
Customers will be brought back to their booked hotel after 4 hours of seeing more of what lies beyond the Yogyakarta city borders.
Hotel pick-up is offered for this tour. Note: if you are booking within 24 hours of the tour/activity departure time, we cannot guarantee hotel pick-up. Once your purchase is complete, we will send you complete contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator to organize pick-up arrangements.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This excursion includes obstacles of various kinds that may not make this excursion suitable for wheelchair users. The obstacles comprise of unpaved roads and insufficient facilities to provide a comfortable sightseeing tour.
- Part of this excursion includes walking over unpaved roads and paths. This may not suit guests with walking issues. Bear in mind that such paths may turn slippery / muddy after a rain shower. We suggest wearing good walking shoes, preferred closed shoes, when booking this tour.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Please note pickup and drop-off services may not be confirmed for customers staying at private residences, apartment complexes, or other non-registered tourism accommodations. Customers may be asked to meet at a nearby hotel for pick-up and drop off.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.